Re: Grand Master Soke Professor George Scarrott, 10th Dan ???

  • dotars_2003
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 16, 2012
      A bit more info re George Scarrott (buried pretty deep on the Net):

      From: http://www.bushinkai.org.uk/page37.htm ...
      My next Jujutsu based system was Kiai Yamabushi Ryu. The headteachers J Lee-Barron and G Scarrott had recently split from “Spirit Combat Jujutsu” (run by Brian Dossett, a student of Ken Williams, in turn a student of Kenshiro Abbe) …

      From: http://www.bushinkai.org.uk/page17.htm
      On this page, he was referred to as; “Aikijujutsu instructor George Scarrott”

      TS

      --- In yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com, aikispike <aikispike@...> wrote:

      > ". KYR was founded upon the traditional values of the warrior-monk back in 1993 by Prof. Jamie Lee-Barron Hanshi and Prof. George Scarrott Hanshi, both longstanding well qualified martial artists of good reputation."
      > �
      > Interesting. they founded their club on the traditional�values of the warrior-monks of 1993.�I always thought the warrior-monk types were older than that. Either there is some very intersting warrior monk groups in�the Highlands, or someone needs an editor.
      > <smiling...>

    • Andrew Gooden
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 16, 2012
        Let's see... (sipping a single malt scotch) ...

        Yes, 1993 was a rough year for the Scottish warrior-monks.