Re: [Yoshinkan] Yasuhisa Shioda OUT of the Yoshinkan!

  • Jim Jeannette
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 18, 2012
      Wow!

      ________________________________
      From: aikispike <aikispike@...>
      To: "yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com" <yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 7:28:27 AM
      Subject: [Yoshinkan] Yasuhisa Shioda OUT of the Yoshinkan!

      Yasuhisa Shioda "resigns"

      from facebook:

      It has been five years since the world's second-largest school of Aikido
      Yoshinkan fragmented into several independent organizations, schools and dojos. In view of the circumstances and exacerbated internal divisions
      among the leaders of Aikido Yoshinkan, followed the resignation of 2nd
      Kancho (headmaster) Kyoichi Inoue (later given the highest 10th dan andfounded Aikido Shinwakan Dojo) and the resignation of the Yoshinkan
      Hombu Dojo-cho (head of the headquarters of the Yoshinkan) - master
      Tsutomu Chida (later opened a school Aikido Renshinkai). Instructors and students of Yoshinkan around the world have experienced these events
      seriously, and every one of us had to make a choice - to remain in the
      school, which was founded by the great master of Aikido Gozo Shioda, or
      faithfully follow their teachers, severing communications with the
      school and the name of the Yoshinkan, which we all prided and spent many years of hard practice and were part of it.

      Following the
      seniors of Yoshinkan Honbu Dojo, most of the instructors and students
      supported their decision to left Honbu and helped to create new
      organizations.

      New Kancho - head of the school of Yoshinkan
      became one of the sons of the founder of the school - Yasuhisa Shioda.
      After some time he decided to close Yoshinkan Honbu Dojo, which housed
      their for decades and moved to his smaller dojo – Takadonobaba Dojo.
      After the International Yoshinkan Aikido Federation (IYAF) was closed.
      Instead, it was founded a new Aikido Yoshinkan Foundation (AYF), and as a
      sign of changes in the Honbu became a significant reduction of time
      limits for dan tests…

      Several years passed, the situation and
      the "relationship" between the newly created organizations get more
      settled and more assumed the character of the relative neutrality. And
      now - a new chapter in our history:

      Official information on the on the website of Aikido Yoshinkan Honbu Dojo:

      As of June 14th 2012, SHIODA SOKE/KANCHO has resigned from the title of KANCHO, due to personal reasons.

      Below will be the new structure of the organization:

      Aikido Yoshinkan Honbu Dojo, Dojocho, Chino Shihan
      Aikido Yoshinkan Honbu Dojo, International Manager, Noriki Shihan

      Nobody will be appointed Kancho, until further notice.

      Please be informed of this announcement.

      Public Interest Organization, Aikido Yoshinkai, Chairman, Yukihiko Inoue

      As always in Japan: dry and briefly, without details and emotions. I
      think now is the very important moment - a chance, very small, to glue
      together the pieces of the once strong and powerful School of Aikido.
      The question is - who are now can be our Obi-Wan Kenobi?

      Roman Limarev, Jiseikan dojo/Luhansk