Kushida Sensei passes away

  • Steven
    Message 1 of 9 , May 20, 2012
      http://www.aikidoyoshokai.org/

      We are deeply saddened to report the passing of our president and head instructor, Sensei Takashi Kushida, who died on May 10, 2012 after an extended illness. The founder of Yoshokai Aikido, Kushida-sensei was one of the first uchideshi of Gozo Shioda-sensei—an original student of Morihei Ueshiba-sensei.

      AYANA activities and training at the Genyokan Dojo in Ann Arbor will continue under the direction of Kushida-sensei's son, Akira Kushida-sensei.

      In accordance with Kushida-sensei's wishes, there will not be a funeral. Memorial donations may be made to the "Kushida-sensei and Mrs. Kushida Fund" in care of AYANA, 3796 Plaza Dr. , Suite 3, Ann Arbor, MI 48108.
    • Sam COMBES
      Message 2 of 9 , May 20, 2012
        Also Sensei Richard RABAGO passed away Friday morning
        Not Aikido directly but was a strong supporter of our efforts in Orange County

        OSU

        Sent from my iPhone 4S

        On May 20, 2012, at 10:54, "Steven" <aysdojo@...> wrote:

        > http://www.aikidoyoshokai.org/
        >
        > We are deeply saddened to report the passing of our president and head instructor, Sensei Takashi Kushida, who died on May 10, 2012 after an extended illness. The founder of Yoshokai Aikido, Kushida-sensei was one of the first uchideshi of Gozo Shioda-sensei—an original student of Morihei Ueshiba-sensei.
        >
        > AYANA activities and training at the Genyokan Dojo in Ann Arbor will continue under the direction of Kushida-sensei's son, Akira Kushida-sensei.
        >
        > In accordance with Kushida-sensei's wishes, there will not be a funeral. Memorial donations may be made to the "Kushida-sensei and Mrs. Kushida Fund" in care of AYANA, 3796 Plaza Dr. , Suite 3, Ann Arbor, MI 48108.

      • Andrew Tomarin
        Message 3 of 9 , May 20, 2012
          I am very sorry to hear of his passing. He sounded to me to be a great teacher and torch bearer of the art. My thoughts and prayers to his immediate and extended family(students).

          Andrew Tomarin
          Skype#darph_bobo

        • get_christie_love@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 9 , May 20, 2012
            Very sad news. God bless you guys.

            I am very sorry to hear of his passing. He sounded to me to be a great teacher and torch bearer of the art. My thoughts and prayers to his immediate and extended family(students).

            Andrew Tomarin
            Skype#darph_bobo

            On May 20, 2012, at 1:54 PM, "Steven" <aysdojo@...> wrote:

            > http://www.aikidoyoshokai.org/
            >
            > We are deeply saddened to report the passing of our president and head instructor, Sensei Takashi Kushida, who died on May 10, 2012 after an extended illness. The founder of Yoshokai Aikido, Kushida-sensei was one of the first uchideshi of Gozo Shioda-sensei—an original student of Morihei Ueshiba-sensei.
            >
            > AYANA activities and training at the Genyokan Dojo in Ann Arbor will continue under the direction of Kushida-sensei's son, Akira Kushida-sensei.
            >
            > In accordance with Kushida-sensei's wishes, there will not be a funeral. Memorial donations may be made to the "Kushida-sensei and Mrs. Kushida Fund" in care of AYANA, 3796 Plaza Dr. , Suite 3, Ann Arbor, MI 48108.

          • Mark Lemmon
            Message 5 of 9 , May 21, 2012
              I am very sad to hear this news.  Kushida Sensei was a great influence on me as a young man.  I learned so much from him!  Aikido, buki, and most of all samurai philosophy. R.I.P. Kushida Sensei.  My condolences to the Kushida family.
              Mark LemmonSeikokan Dojo

              Message 6 of 9 , May 21, 2012
                My best wishes go to the Kushida family and the Genyokan. I am sorry I did
                not meet him.

                Stan

                On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Mark Lemmon <seikokan@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > I am very sad to hear this news. Kushida Sensei was a great influence on
                > me as a young man. I learned so much from him! Aikido, buki, and most of
                > all samurai philosophy. R.I.P. Kushida Sensei. My condolences to the
                > Kushida family.
                > Mark LemmonSeikokan Dojo

              • Rick Matz
                Message 7 of 9 , May 21, 2012
                  He was an awesome teacher and human being.

                  I can say that he had an impact on my life as well.

                  Best Regards,

                  Rick
                  http://CookDingsKitchen.blogspot.com

                  ________________________________
                  My best wishes go to the Kushida family and the Genyokan. I am sorry I did
                  not meet him.

                  Stan

                  On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Mark Lemmon <seikokan@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > I am very sad to hear this news.  Kushida Sensei was a great influence on
                  > me as a young man.  I learned so much from him!  Aikido, buki, and most of
                  > all samurai philosophy. R.I.P. Kushida Sensei.  My condolences to the
                  > Kushida family.
                  > Mark LemmonSeikokan Dojo

                • aikispike
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 18, 2012
                    Yasuhisa Shioda "resigns"

                    from facebook:

                    It has been five years since the world's second-largest school of Aikido
                    Yoshinkan fragmented into several independent organizations, schools and dojos. In view of the circumstances and exacerbated internal divisions
                    among the leaders of Aikido Yoshinkan, followed the resignation of 2nd
                    Kancho (headmaster) Kyoichi Inoue (later given the highest 10th dan andfounded Aikido Shinwakan Dojo) and the resignation of the Yoshinkan
                    Hombu Dojo-cho (head of the headquarters of the Yoshinkan) - master
                    Tsutomu Chida (later opened a school Aikido Renshinkai). Instructors and students of Yoshinkan around the world have experienced these events
                    seriously, and every one of us had to make a choice - to remain in the
                    school, which was founded by the great master of Aikido Gozo Shioda, or
                    faithfully follow their teachers, severing communications with the
                    school and the name of the Yoshinkan, which we all prided and spent many years of hard practice and were part of it.

                    Following the
                    seniors of Yoshinkan Honbu Dojo, most of the instructors and students
                    supported their decision to left Honbu and helped to create new
                    organizations.

                    New Kancho - head of the school of Yoshinkan
                    became one of the sons of the founder of the school - Yasuhisa Shioda.
                    After some time he decided to close Yoshinkan Honbu Dojo, which housed
                    their for decades and moved to his smaller dojo – Takadonobaba Dojo.
                    After the International Yoshinkan Aikido Federation (IYAF) was closed.
                    Instead, it was founded a new Aikido Yoshinkan Foundation (AYF), and as a
                    sign of changes in the Honbu became a significant reduction of time
                    limits for dan tests…

                    Several years passed, the situation and
                    the "relationship" between the newly created organizations get more
                    settled and more assumed the character of the relative neutrality. And
                    now - a new chapter in our history:

                    Official information on the on the website of Aikido Yoshinkan Honbu Dojo:

                    As of June 14th 2012, SHIODA SOKE/KANCHO has resigned from the title of KANCHO, due to personal reasons.

                    Below will be the new structure of the organization:

                    Aikido Yoshinkan Honbu Dojo, Dojocho, Chino Shihan
                    Aikido Yoshinkan Honbu Dojo, International Manager, Noriki Shihan

                    Nobody will be appointed Kancho, until further notice.

                    Please be informed of this announcement.

                    Public Interest Organization, Aikido Yoshinkai, Chairman, Yukihiko Inoue

                    As always in Japan: dry and briefly, without details and emotions. I
                    think now is the very important moment - a chance, very small, to glue
                    together the pieces of the once strong and powerful School of Aikido.
                    The question is - who are now can be our Obi-Wan Kenobi?

                    Roman Limarev, Jiseikan dojo/Luhansk

                    We are deeply saddened to report the passing of our president and head instructor, Sensei Takashi Kushida, who died on May 10, 2012 after an extended illness. The founder of Yoshokai Aikido, Kushida-sensei was one of the first uchideshi of Gozo Shioda-sensei—an original student of Morihei Ueshiba-sensei.

                    AYANA activities and training at the Genyokan Dojo in Ann Arbor will continue under the direction of Kushida-sensei's son, Akira Kushida-sensei.

                    In accordance with Kushida-sensei's wishes, there will not be a funeral. Memorial donations may be made to the "Kushida-sensei and Mrs. Kushida Fund" in care of AYANA, 3796 Plaza Dr. , Suite 3, Ann Arbor, MI 48108.

                  • Jim Jeannette
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 18, 2012
                      Wow!