Aikidoka Do the Darndest Things!

  • Kevin Bradley
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 18, 2011
      Hey Group:

      It's been quiet plus we need some humor as the holidays approach. This is not a joke, but I found it amusing.......So a friend told me that there is a guy on cable TV that supposedly is a real life paid gigolo/male escort in Vegas. Here's the funny part...they said he states that he seriously studied Yoshokai Aikido (I think that's the Kushida Sensei group) and participated in Kenshu. Now THAT is using your ki! Anyone hear of this or see that show? Anyone know this guy or ever practice with him? Wonder how much kamae comes into play? LOL

      Kevin

    • Steven Miranda
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 18, 2011
        Google search pulled up this:
        http://www.homorazzi.com/article/gigolos-showtime-cast-members-nick-hawk-jonny-dior-steven-gantt-pictures-shirtless-preview/

        Search on Yoshokai or Brace.

        It's been quiet plus we need some humor as the holidays approach. This is not a joke, but I found it amusing.......So a friend told me that there is a guy on cable TV that supposedly is a real life paid gigolo/male escort in Vegas. Here's the funny part...they said he states that he seriously studied Yoshokai Aikido (I think that's the Kushida Sensei group) and participated in Kenshu. Now THAT is using your ki! Anyone hear of this or see that show? Anyone know this guy or ever practice with him? Wonder how much kamae comes into play? LOL

        Kevin

      • aikispike
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 19, 2011
          lol. i like how you ~specified~ how you came upon that site.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 20, 2011
            So Spike., you ever work with this guy? Sounds like he maybe did his training after the big break. He would've been the second Yoshinkai "star". First Obata now a tv gigolo. LOL.

            Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

            lol. i like how you ~specified~ how you came upon that site.

            ________________________________
            It's been quiet plus we need some humor as the holidays approach. This is not a joke, but I found it amusing.......So a friend told me that there is a guy on cable TV that supposedly is a real life paid gigolo/male escort in Vegas. Here's the funny part...they said he states that he seriously studied Yoshokai Aikido (I think that's the Kushida Sensei group) and participated in Kenshu. Now THAT is using your ki! Anyone hear of this or see that show? Anyone know this guy or ever practice with him? Wonder how much kamae comes into play? LOL

            Kevin

          • Paul A Windler
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 20, 2011
              Hi All,

              Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Paul Windler and I hale from Grafton, on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, Australia.

              I am 44 years young and have recently returned to Aikido, after a 27 year absence. I don't roll like I used too LOL.

              I walked into the Grafton Dojo back in March and have thoroughly enjoyed myself. The Club trains 3 times a week, Tues & Thurs evenings 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm & Sat 10:30 am - 12:30 pm.

              I have been attending all 3 classes, work commitments allowing. I haven't been able to attend the last 3 weeks, as I am Funeral Director (Undertaker) and unfortunately, have been flat out with work. As I normally work 24/7 for 10 days and get a 4 day weekend every second weekend. But I am currently on my 21st day straight on call. As I have a colleague away with personal issues and have been unable to attend class.

              I have had every Mon, Weds & Sunday free, the opposite days to class of late. So I am not to happy about that, as I am looking forward to my 5th Kyu grading.

              I am trying my hardest to get back on track, have go Jo 1 & 2 down pat and have nearly got Bokken 2 as well. As I have been practicing in the back yard in the heat an humidity( Summers building).

              So just trying to stay positive and train when I can at present.

              Sorry for the waffle

              Kind Regards
              Paul A Windler

              Sent from my iPhone

              On 21/11/2011, at 1:22 AM, "aikidorat@..." <aikidorat@...> wrote:

              > So Spike., you ever work with this guy? Sounds like he maybe did his training after the big break. He would've been the second Yoshinkai "star". First Obata now a tv gigolo. LOL.
              >
              > Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

            • aikispike
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 24, 2011
                Kevin,

                I really didn't know any of the Yoshokai people...
                As for him being a 'star', I hope Yoshinkan's David Fryburger becomes a star before the gigilo does.

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 24, 2011
                  Amen to that. And speaking of "stars", looks like Mr Seagal is going to have his show renewed.