Re: [Yoshinkan] message numbers - wow

  • Mick Chambers
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2010
      you're welcome :)

      --- On Sun, 10/31/10, aikispike <aikispike@...> wrote:

      From: aikispike <aikispike@...>
      Subject: [Yoshinkan] message numbers - wow
      To: yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, October 31, 2010, 7:40 PM

      this month had the most messages in this group since October 2007!

      we also have some new members - welcome. write something.

    • Rayleen Dehmke
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2010
        Nice. Thanks for the add. I am interested in the different Aikido styles. I
        started training about 9 months ago, Aikikai style. I look forward to
        reading the posts in this group and learning more. Maybe one day I'll find
        myself in Burnaby and drop in.

        Cheers,

        Rayleen

      • paul forsythe
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2010
          Steven Seagal scanned the article on the front page of the Gazette.The headline
          read:
          'Angry White Pyjamas Run Amok.'
           Steven read out loud to his 'team',
          "Pyjamas and judo gis all over the country are up in arms (and legs) to protest
          their portrayal in Mr. Robert Twigger's book.
          A size 4 Fuji Judo-Gi (double weave) has even published his own 'memoir' about
          his stay at Oxford University studying poetry, entitled 'Scrawny White Oxford
          Poets', living in a house with a pair of extra extra large Iranian underpants.
          When asked to comment about these developments Mr. Twigger was quoted as saying
          that he would sue. He also requested that we spell his name correctly, as in
          yesterday's article we inadvertently referred to him as 'Tigger', and he
          received numerous crank calls at his home asking to speak to Winnie the Pooh.
          Again, we extend our apologies to Mr. Trigger."

          "Wasn't Trigger Roy Roger's horse?", piped up constable Louie Pipeupper

          "Huh? Whaddya talkin' about.Pay attention." Steven  rolled his eyes , one
          towards heaven, the other towards earth, and with his powerful  optical ki
          energy, he threw the officer gently onto a bag of Dunkin' Donuts.

          Later,whilst  Steven sat contemplating these developments, a light bulb which he
          had strapped to the top of his head, for when he got a brilliant idea, suddenly
          lit up.
          ( It also assisted him in getting clearance for his jumpimg breakfalls)

          "I know , I'll write a best selling book of poetry. The first poem shall be a
          love poem, dedicated to the beautiful actress Lo Pai"
          He began to write :

          'There once was a seventh dan from nantuckit ........'

          ________________________________
          From: pfor99@...
          Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 11:40:55 -0700
          Subject: [Yoshinkan] Steve Seagall-Episode 4

          Steve took a swig of his Katate-Mochi-Gino, a Starbucks specialty coffee
          honouring the famous actor, Aikido expert, musician, lawman, and Bela Lugosi
          tribute artist.
          This problem with the wayward sleepwear was getting out of control.
          He blamed that Twigger character.The cover of the first edition of his book
          showed a flying Gi-with nobody in it!
          And since when were there flying kicks in Aikido.
          Now pyjamas all over the country were getting unsuspecting victims in sleeper
          holds. Steve winced as he remembered the time 'judo' Gene got him in a sleeper
          hold on the set of 'Beyond Credibility'

          to be continued....