never seen this group so dead.

  • aikispike
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 8, 2010
      wow, it's dead around here! We are averaging 2 messages month for the past 6 months; we used to get 2 a day.

      I hope that means everyone is too busy training on the mats to bullshit on the interent. ...ya right.

      Spike
    • stanj@YORKU.CA
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 8, 2010
        Thanks Spike and a Happy New Year to you!
        Here is a topic folks might like to discuss-as we all know, 2010 marks
        Kimeda Sensei's remarkable 50 th year of dedication to Aikido. I am sure
        everyone is excited at the prospect of training with Ando, Shioda and Takano
        Senseis to mark this milestone. Is there anything that we as AYC students could
        or indeed should do as a group to mark this achievement?
        Osu! Stanley
      • Toronto Aikido Centre
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 8, 2010
          Yes!

          Provide dates for the rest of us peons to plan around!!!

          Alan

          Alan Shumak - Toronto Aikido Centre _S\o_
          Shunpukan Dojo
          416-835-2532

          <mailto:ashumak@...?subject=Email%20Response>
          dojo@...

          <http://www.askwebscan.com/> http://www.torontoaikido.com

          Thanks Spike and a Happy New Year to you!
          Here is a topic folks might like to discuss-as we all know, 2010 marks
          Kimeda Sensei's remarkable 50 th year of dedication to Aikido. I am sure
          everyone is excited at the prospect of training with Ando, Shioda and Takano
          Senseis to mark this milestone. Is there anything that we as AYC students
          could
          or indeed should do as a group to mark this achievement?
          Osu! Stanley

          database 4755 (20100108) __________

          http://www.eset.com

        • aikispike
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 8, 2010
            Yes, AYC is planning a series of clinics this year in celebration of Kimeda Sensei's 50th year in aikido. The schedule has been set as follows:

            Ando Sensei Feb 26-28
            Shioda Sensei June 18 – 20
            Takeno Sensei November 5 – 7

            Further details will be coming out next week.

            Cheers,
            Spike

            --- In yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com, "Toronto Aikido Centre" <dojo@...> wrote:

            > Yes!
            >

            > Provide dates for the rest of us peons to plan around!!!
            >

            > Alan

            > Alan Shumak - Toronto Aikido Centre _S\o_
            > Shunpukan Dojo
            > 416-835-2532
            >
            > <mailto:ashumak@...?subject=Email%20Response>
            > dojo@...
            >
            > <http://www.askwebscan.com/> http://www.torontoaikido.com

          • get_christie_love
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 9, 2010
              well
              i can update you on the Snafukan dojo here in detroit.
              we had a space, then our fearless space organizer had his schedule changed so
              we had to work around it
              which we did,
              til the mats were pilfered
              so he got more
              and those were pilfered,
              meanwhle back on the ranch, our fearless teacher tried to hang on to
              three or four classes across three or four spaces and due to low enrollment had to
              cut back on the classes,
              his student number one, have been out of comission due to health challenges
              related but not limited to age, gender and fitness level (cant work out if you're sick ).
              he's asked me to resume class tomorrow and i have agreed.
              its precarious however, i am always at the mercy of whatever ails and
              the space we have is in a church basement, its scary sort of , cold and spooky.
              yes. s.p.o.o.k.y.

              the snafukan dojo remains on haitus until the space rekindles its
              love affair with watching us train and returns the mats, or until the space orgainzer can
              wrench them from said pilferers.

              i missed the chciago end of the month trainign due to said health issues and
              i missed a party for zac who  has been on the police force for a quarter of a decade.
              missing that suked.
              um.....
              im taking bikram yoga in an effor to get strong enuf to train again.
              so far i moslty stand there and try not to tip over and i try not to faint in the 105 degree heat. which has helped what ails but wrings the strength out of my muscles simultanously
              im starting to  think that aikido would be
              better suited in warmer rooms and lighter weight dogi's as the ones we have constrict our movements.  i propose designing them out of fabric that is more user friendly, high performance fabric that stays cool and dry instead of cottton that gets heavier and doesnt breathe once its wet.
              i have snaps on my dogi top. (thanks to my aunt who thought it was proper), i have also had dogis with velcro. snaps are better but industrial velcro works just as well.

              um.
              i think the clubs should work together to help secure spaces for training.
              perhaps not a franchise but guidlines that would provide a buisnesss plan that could be presented to a landlord for leasing a space.

              our yoga studio si moving. there is an empty karate dojo across the parking lot,
              and both would make great aikido dojo's.

              well that s the update from my living room.

              http://www.24fightingchickens.com/2005/08/29/appropriate-usage-of-osu/

              You are a child of the universe,no less than the trees and the stars;
              you have a right to be here.  And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should...~max ehrmann

              ________________________________
              wow, it's dead around here! We are averaging 2 messages month for the past 6 months; we used to get 2 a day.

              I hope that means everyone is too busy training on the mats to bullshit on the interent. ...ya right.

              Spike

            • C.James Nolan
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 11, 2010
                Osu and Happy New year. I'm wondering if you a friend of Larry[Sorry I've forgotten his last Name] . As you see my names is C.James Nolan, from across the water. I'm a student of Sensei Mark Lemmon here in Windsor on. We have a brand new facility that is larger than our previous dojo,54 tatami to 84 tatami. Please feel free to visit us . I was suppose to make it over the Church dojo however time has been an issue.If you do see Larry please let him know that we have moved and our dojo door is always open to visitors.Our dojo is the Seikokan and our web site is www.Seikokan.com.

              • get_christie_love@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 11, 2010
                  Larry *Castleberry*-san is my sensei. What is your trainig schedule? I have a handicapped sticker on my belt. Working out at a sensei james cllnic years ago with sensei james 'n sensei parker . All direction is a very effective technique when uke is 5'9" and schtay is 5' even. So my rolls have been retired to save my skull and neck from further comprimise. But I lcan graple and pin okay. ill come train with you guys. Larry is injury free ; ) so you all can go rite for the gusto! He trains me using the aarp guidelline for broken down aki students.. Ill be a grey panther! When I retire.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 12, 2010
                    Thanks for the response. our class times are as follows.
                    Aikido Seikokan Dojo Class Times
                    Class Times Monday 6:00pm - 7:00pm (Youth-4th Kyu up)
                    7:00pm - 8:30pm (Adult-Beg) NEW

                    Tuesday 11:00am - 12:30pm (Adult-All)
                    6:00pm - 7:15pm (Youth Ages 6-9)
                    7:30pm - 8:45pm (Adult-All)

                    Thursday 11:00am - 12:30pm (Adult-All)
                    6:00pm - 7:15pm (Youth Ages 10-13)
                    7:30pm - 8:45pm (Adult-All)

                    Saturdays 9:30am - 10:30am (Youth 6-9)
                    10:30am - 11:30pm (Youth 10-13)
                    11:45am - 1:00pm (Adults-All)

                    Sundays 11:00am - 12:00pm (Kenshu)

                  • get_christie_love@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 12, 2010
                      Ill let you know. Saturdays. look doable for sure.