Re: Honbu

  • Steven Miranda
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2009
      Translated from yoshinkan.net using Google Translator.

      ---
      News from Headquarters Dojo (2009 Friday, March 27 update)

      About the Dojo headquarters relocation schedule]
      Since we have determined the location of the new headquarters of the school will inform the future by following a schedule of transfer and address.

      <Transfer address>
      4-17-15 Takadanobaba, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo Touyou Building 2F

      5 minute walk from JR Takadanobaba Station is located.
      Wasedamachi facing the street, one side glass is bright dojo.
      Dojo of two sizes, male and female locker rooms, showers, and more air-conditioned and equipped with modern facilities.
      ---

      --- In yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com, Jon Marshall <jonmarshall75@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have any news with whats happening in Japan and the honbu dojo? Anyone living there or been recentlly, please let us know. Havent heard much recently.Is there still a course?
      > Osu!
      > Jon

    • Jim Mc Coy
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
        Is there an "official representative" of the honbu in the U.S.?
        Or is everyone just an independent associate now?

        Jim Mc Coy

      • Steven Miranda
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
          Has there ever been an "OFFICIAL" representative in the US? If so, who?

          ________________________________
          Is there an "official representative" of the honbu in the U.S.?
          Or is everyone just an independent associate now?

          Jim Mc Coy

        • Charles Yeomans
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
            I thought that the IYAF as originally designed had no "official"
            regional representatives.

            On Apr 2, 2009, at 6:03 PM, Steven Miranda wrote:

            > Has there ever been an "OFFICIAL" representative in the US? If so,
            > who?
            >
            > ________________________________

          • Darren Friend
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
              Hi Jon,

              You know as much or more than me. Since that last email from honbu before
              Christmas I have not heard anything. As the email was pretty much
              incomprehensible I guess it doesn't matter much anyway.

              I just looked at the Japanese website , it was updated on April fools day.

              For those who know the area, the new dojo is on Waseda Dori on Big Box side
              back towards Ochiai a bit past Seiyu. It says that there are 2 dojo one
              large and one small but no indication of actual size. According to the
              website The old honbu had its last training day yesterday, training starts
              at the grand new honbu from April 14th

              Jon check out the video on the new Japanese website, it is awesome!

              I am sure a communication of some sort explaining all of this will be made
              soon.

              The same website says it is still recruiting for this year's senshusei
              course so who knows, maybe they have adjusted the start and finish. You
              would think that if you wanted to recruit people for it the best place would
              be the branch dojo around the world in the AYF

              Darren

              _____

              From: Randy Stoner <randystoner@ <mailto:randystoner%40yahoo.com> yahoo.com>
              Subject: Re: [Yoshinkan] Honbu is moving