RE: [Yoshinkan] Re: ideas for teaching kids

  • Sensei Alan - Toronto Aikido (Shunpukan)
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 27, 2008
      Ok Spike…

      Other than drugs, we usually play Sensei Says (Simon Says), various and
      sundry relays across the mats( Doing falls, rolls, suicides, almost anything
      to get them moving). We do Sumo wrestling (grab each other’s belts and try
      to force out of a circle of obi’s. Suwari Soccer is a big hit. On Holidays
      we practice using a Bokken on a Piñata or Watermelon (summer).

      Ask Mustard Sensei about his dead pile live pile game at his next
      seminar…possibly in April at Shunpukan (Toronto Aikido)…hint hint…

      Alan

      Alan Shumak - Toronto Aikido Centre _S\o_
      Shunpukan Dojo

      <mailto:ashumak@...?subject=Email%20Response>
      dojo@...

      <http://www.askwebscan.com/> http://www.torontoaikido.com

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2008
        Simple,
                   Be serious.Treat them like young adults,or grown ups.Give them the idea that stuff they do not understand now may become clearer later on through practice.