If you travelled outside of the USA 1996-2006 you may have some money coming to you

  • JAY MASON
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2007
      You may have gotten notice in the mail that you are
      eligible for refunds from your credit card provider. If not, check out this web
      site to see if you are eligible.

      http://www.ccfsettlement.com/

      There was a class action suit over fees and
      interest charged on foreign transactions between 1996 and 2006.

      The minimum refund is $25 and goes up if you spent
      more than a total of $2500 overseas. If you did a lot of travel over the years
      - staying in hotels, meals, etc. it could add up. The suit was against Visa,
      MC and Diners Club (and may apply if you used an ATM) over fees and interest
      charged based on how they did currency conversions.

      Take a look at the site - espcecially if you moved
      over the years. My notice was sent to the address on an old credit
      card.

      I hope you all can get something back, even if it's
      just a little bit. you may want to share this with others who you know
      travelled just in case.

      Jim Mc Coy

    • vigilant_112
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2007
        Is this for real?

        --- In yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com, JAY MASON <jamjtx@...> wrote:

        > You may have gotten notice in the mail that you are
        > eligible for refunds from your credit card provider. If not, check
        out this web
        > site to see if you are eligible.
        >

        > http://www.ccfsettlement.com/
        >

        > There was a class action suit over fees and
        > interest charged on foreign transactions between 1996 and 2006.
        >

        > The minimum refund is $25 and goes up if you spent
        > more than a total of $2500 overseas. If you did a lot of travel
        over the years
        > - staying in hotels, meals, etc. it could add up. The suit was
        against Visa,
        > MC and Diners Club (and may apply if you used an ATM) over fees and
        interest
        > charged based on how they did currency conversions.
        >

        > Take a look at the site - espcecially if you moved
        > over the years. My notice was sent to the address on an old credit
        > card.
        >

        > I hope you all can get something back, even if it's
        > just a little bit. you may want to share this with others who you know
        > travelled just in case.
        >

        > Jim Mc Coy

      • Charles Yeomans
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2007
          I'd suggest reading the settlement documents to see what claims you
          might be releasing in exchange. Some of these settlements are
          pernicious.

          Charles Yeomans

          On Dec 3, 2007, at 5:35 PM, JAY MASON wrote:

          > You may have gotten notice in the mail that you are
          > eligible for refunds from your credit card provider. If not, check
          > out this web
          > site to see if you are eligible.
          >
          > http://www.ccfsettlement.com/
          >
          > There was a class action suit over fees and
          > interest charged on foreign transactions between 1996 and 2006.
          >
          > The minimum refund is $25 and goes up if you spent
          > more than a total of $2500 overseas. If you did a lot of travel
          > over the years
          > - staying in hotels, meals, etc. it could add up. The suit was
          > against Visa,
          > MC and Diners Club (and may apply if you used an ATM) over fees and
          > interest
          > charged based on how they did currency conversions.
          >
          > Take a look at the site - espcecially if you moved
          > over the years. My notice was sent to the address on an old credit
          > card.
          >
          > I hope you all can get something back, even if it's
          > just a little bit. you may want to share this with others who you know
          > travelled just in case.

        • JAY MASON
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2007
            Yes, it is for real.
            I received a package from the U.S. District Court in Philadelphia today. I was afraid to open it but I'm glad I did.
            But like Charles advised, read the releases and all the details.
            I am just pleased to be able to get a little bit of money back.

            If your not sure if your eligible there is also a phone number in the documents that I got.

            800-945-9890

            Jim Mc Coy