new honbu website

  • koyaji
    Message 1 of 73 , Oct 1, 2007
      Hi all,

      This is my first post and I just wanna say first that I appreciate
      being able to see a little of what's going on in the community
      through this group, particularly the threads that corroborate what If
      ve heard and shed a little light on the details of what's going on at
      the Yoshinkan honbu. Neither the IYAF or Yoshinkan has been very
      informative lately.

      I train at the honbu and, although I love practicing aikido, things
      have felt pretty weird lately and info on whatfs going on is nowhere
      to be found except through rumors and hearsay.
      Inoue senseifs gretirementh was announced through a computer
      printout pinned up on the bulletin board. Honestly, I did a double
      take at that one on the way into the dojo the first time I saw it.@
      If you happened to be at the black belt grading three months later in
      June (luckily, I was there) then you got to hear Inoue sensei address
      the students for the final time, otherwise he may as well have just
      disappeared - quite odd for someone with 52 years service, that
      highly ranked and very much loved by a lot of us at Yoshinkan.

      Anyway - back to the point - the honbu just put up a completely new
      website.
      Unfortunately it doesn't shed light on anything at all, but it's
      flashy and shows the new courses (e.g. beginners and regular or
      combined now) and increased fees (for new members).

      The English link only takes you to the IYAF page, which hasn't been
      updated since the new kancho greeting on the index, and not properly
      in ages, but if anyone is interested:
      www.yoshinkan.net

      I hope things settle down and turn out okay for Yoshinkan, but from
      what I've seen and heard I'm not optimistic.
      I'm not the only one on edge waiting to see what happens starting
      Tuesday with the new order.

      For what itfs worth, just thought Ifd share that.
      Thanks.
    • Mary-Joan Bradley
      Message 73 of 73 , Oct 24, 2007
        Raymond,

        What a surprise to read your message. Sounds like you are busy and having a
        great time with Eddie in Tokyo.
        Have a safe journey home.

        Mary-Joan.