Re: Chicago area dojo

  • Charles
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 8, 2007
      Has your student settled in? Do you know where in town he is? If you
      haven't done so already, you can have him contact me and I can point
      him in the right direction depending on where exactly he is living...

      Regards,

      Charlie Burmeister

      --- In yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com, JAY MASON <jamjtx@...> wrote:

      > I have student who just took a job in Chicago. He'll be there in 2
      weeks. He'll be up this weekend to try and find an apartment.

      > I'm thinking if he can connect with a dojo some one can also
      advise him on where (or where not to stay). I know nothing of the
      area.

      > I know there are the MYAA schools in Chicago. But I also thought
      there may be some others under Mustard Sensei in the imemdiate area.
      I'd appreciate hearing of where the schools are.

      > I can also put someone directly in touch with him to find out
      where he's working, etc.

      > I was just getting ready to test him for 9th Kyu. I think he's
      doing quite well and in some respects I feel like he should have
      tested already. He's been with me about 16 weeks now.

      > Thanks for any help.
      >
      > Jim McCoy

    • Kevin Bradley
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 10, 2007
        Just an fyi, we'll be moving our location soon. We fell into a sweet deal
        and will be in a huge health club in the Aurora/Naperville area. They will
        be adding me as a staff person, which makes things very clean in terms of
        money. The facility has a 1/5 mile indoor track, indoor and outdoor tennis,
        basketball courts, aerobics, baby sitting, lockers, saunas, etc. Hopefully
        we can draw students.

        Once we officially move an announcement will probably be sent to the list

        >From: "Charles" <chuchucharlie@...>
        >To: yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Yoshinkan] Re: Chicago area dojo
        >Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 17:04:46 -0000
        >
        >Has your student settled in? Do you know where in town he is? If you
        >haven't done so already, you can have him contact me and I can point
        >him in the right direction depending on where exactly he is living...
        >
        >Regards,
        >
        >Charlie Burmeister
        >

        >--- In yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com, JAY MASON <jamjtx@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I have student who just took a job in Chicago. He'll be there in 2
        >weeks. He'll be up this weekend to try and find an apartment.
        > >
        > > I'm thinking if he can connect with a dojo some one can also
        >advise him on where (or where not to stay). I know nothing of the
        >area.
        > >
        > > I know there are the MYAA schools in Chicago. But I also thought
        >there may be some others under Mustard Sensei in the imemdiate area.
        >I'd appreciate hearing of where the schools are.
        > >
        > > I can also put someone directly in touch with him to find out
        >where he's working, etc.
        > >
        > > I was just getting ready to test him for 9th Kyu. I think he's
        >doing quite well and in some respects I feel like he should have
        >tested already. He's been with me about 16 weeks now.
        > >
        > > Thanks for any help.
        > >
        > > Jim McCoy

      • Steven Miranda
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 11, 2007