Alister Thomson - 7th dan

  • Steven Miranda
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2007
      Please join me in congratulating Alister Thomson on his promotion to
      Yoshinkan Aikido nanadan (7th).

      Alister began Aikido in 1974. He trained under Shioda Sensei at the
      Yoshinkan Honbu Dojo in Tokyo, Japan between 1985-1987. He graduated
      from a 9 month, full-time instructor's course (with the Tokyo Riot
      Police) in 1986. Alister was the joint winner of the award for best
      demonstration at the 1987 All Japan Yoshinkan Aikido Demonstration, the
      first time this was achieved by a non-Japanese group.

      Congratulations Thomson Sensei!

      http://www.shinseikan.com
    • Paul Maybury
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2007
        Let me add my congratulations. Alister taught me much about Aikido
        while training with him in Parkdale. He has great technique and is an
        excellent teacher, able to guide both beginners and yudansha. The
        fact that he is a nice guy is just the icing on the cake. (If you
        want to get him talking, ask about his mandolin.)

        Alister Thomson Sensei, congratulations on a well-deserved
        recognition.

        Paul Maybury

        --- In yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Miranda" <aysdojo@...>
        wrote:

        > Please join me in congratulating Alister Thomson on his promotion
        > Yoshinkan Aikido nanadan (7th).
        >
        > Alister began Aikido in 1974. He trained under Shioda Sensei at the
        > Yoshinkan Honbu Dojo in Tokyo, Japan between 1985-1987. He
        graduated
        > from a 9 month, full-time instructor's course (with the Tokyo Riot
        > Police) in 1986. Alister was the joint winner of the award for best
        > demonstration at the 1987 All Japan Yoshinkan Aikido Demonstration,
        the
        > first time this was achieved by a non-Japanese group.
        >
        > Congratulations Thomson Sensei!
        >
        > http://www.shinseikan.com

      • captain_black_belt
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5, 2007
          First Jeannette Sensei, then Mustard Sensei, and now Thomson Sensei. Congrats to one and
          all on their promotions to 7th dan. Well deserved. Does any one know if anybody else has
          been promoted in Canada or abroad?

          CBB