YOSHINKAN COMMUNITY SEMINAR

  • Nic and Anna-Marie Mills
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 18, 2006
      OSU!

      We would like to invite everyone to a very special "1st of its kind" seminar.

      We have invited 5 sensei from most of the Yoshinkan
      Dojos / groups / Associations in Southern Ontario to teach at a weekend clinic.

      The seminar will be held on February 2nd 3rd and forth 2007. There will be one clinic on Friday night with a pizza party to follow, two clinics and a demonstration on Saturday, with a pub night to follow, and one clinic on Sunday.

      The Instructors of this clinic include;
      Phil Akin 5th Dan (AYC Toronto)
      Stephen Olhman 5th Dan (Hiryukan Dojo - Barrie) Ward Jardine 5th Dan (Renseikan Dojo - Pickering)
      Nic Mills 5th Dan (Sendokan dojo - Mississauga)
      Tim Webb 4th Dan (Shinseikan Dojo -Toronto, Parkdale)

      It is our hope that this Seminar will be run by other Dojos once or twice a year. We hope to involve other top instructors from the region as future 'community' seminars develop.

      The instructors at his seminar are highly skilled and have years of training and teaching experience. They all teach at their own dojos on a regular basis, most of the instructors have not had the opportunity to share their knowledge and skills outside their own dojo. We think this is an excellent opportunity to bring the Yoshinkan community together and to highlight the amazing skill levels and proficiencies that have been developed at many dojos.

      I will attempt to send the attachments to the 'correct location on the Yoshinkan - l group Web site.

      Sincerely,

      Nic Mills 5th Dan
      Chief Instructor
      Sendokan Dojo

    • aikispike
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 19, 2006
        Hey Nic,

        I assume that there is a price attached to the seminar... how much?

        Spike

        --- Nic and Anna-Marie Mills <nicamp@...> wrote:

        > OSU!
        >
        > We would like to invite everyone to a very special "1st of its kind"
        > seminar.
        >
        > We have invited 5 sensei from most of the Yoshinkan
        > Dojos / groups / Associations in Southern Ontario to teach at a
        > weekend clinic.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • pete64ski
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 19, 2006
          Not enough! Whatever it is, what a chance to meet and train together
          again! I have to admit, I'm a seminar junkie, but how often do we
          actually get to train with friends from other dojos and on top of
          that - get the insight of the sensei we see once in the blue moon?...
          As small as Yoshinkan community is, I don't think we'll get a better
          chance to get together and advance the art.
          Hope to see tou all out there,
          Pete
        • Nic and Anna-Marie Mills
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 20, 2006
            Hi Spike,

            All the details are on the posters that I' am supposed to put somewhere in the group page - but I can't remember my log in name or password - I have about a billion of them!!!

            The cost will be $100.00 - for all 5 clinics - yes I noticed in my e-mail I said on clinic on Sunday - but there are actually 2 - this allows each of the invited instructors to be the lead teacher in one clinic the rest will be assisting. This means that as the students are trying to do what the 'lead instructor has shown them there will be 5 instructors helping out - lots of hands on for the students.

            We have decided not to sell tickets for individual clinics - we are trying to promote the idea of all kinds of people seeing and feeling and trying what other instructors from other dojo do. that being said the sign up form has been designed so that more than one person ( 5 people) can share a ticket. We hope this will mean that if someone can't make all of them they can share the 5 clinics between themselves and 1 or 2 other people.

            Nic

            I assume that there is a price attached to the seminar... how much?

            Spike

            --- Nic and Anna-Marie Mills <nicamp@...> wrote:

            > OSU!
            >
            > We would like to invite everyone to a very special "1st of its kind"
            > seminar.
            >
            > We have invited 5 sensei from most of the Yoshinkan
            > Dojos / groups / Associations in Southern Ontario to teach at a
            > weekend clinic.

          • Kevin Bradley
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 9, 2007
              Nic:

              Can you send the attachments to my e-mail? Thanks.

              Kevin

              >From: "Nic and Anna-Marie Mills" <nicamp@...>
              >To: <yoshinkan@egroups.com>,<yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: [Yoshinkan] YOSHINKAN COMMUNITY SEMINAR
              >Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:58:13 -0500
              >
              >OSU!
              >
              >We would like to invite everyone to a very special "1st of its kind"
              >seminar.
              >
              >We have invited 5 sensei from most of the Yoshinkan
              >Dojos / groups / Associations in Southern Ontario to teach at a weekend
              >clinic.
              >
              >The seminar will be held on February 2nd 3rd and forth 2007. There will be
              >one clinic on Friday night with a pizza party to follow, two clinics and a
              >demonstration on Saturday, with a pub night to follow, and one clinic on
              >Sunday.
              >
              >The Instructors of this clinic include;
              >Phil Akin 5th Dan (AYC Toronto)
              >Stephen Olhman 5th Dan (Hiryukan Dojo - Barrie) Ward Jardine 5th Dan
              >(Renseikan Dojo - Pickering)
              >Nic Mills 5th Dan (Sendokan dojo - Mississauga)
              >Tim Webb 4th Dan (Shinseikan Dojo -Toronto, Parkdale)
              >
              >It is our hope that this Seminar will be run by other Dojos once or twice a
              >year. We hope to involve other top instructors from the region as future
              >'community' seminars develop.
              >
              >The instructors at his seminar are highly skilled and have years of
              >training and teaching experience. They all teach at their own dojos on a
              >regular basis, most of the instructors have not had the opportunity to
              >share their knowledge and skills outside their own dojo. We think this is
              >an excellent opportunity to bring the Yoshinkan community together and to
              >highlight the amazing skill levels and proficiencies that have been
              >developed at many dojos.
              >
              >I will attempt to send the attachments to the 'correct location on the
              >Yoshinkan - l group Web site.
              >
              >Sincerely,
              >
              >Nic Mills 5th Dan
              >Chief Instructor