Re: 2006-2007 General Syllabus

  • Jim Mc Coy
    Message 1 of 22 , May 31, 2006
      I learned a variant of Yoshinkan. Does anyone know of a good video
      series that will let me learn the basic technqiues "the IYAF way"?.

      Thanks.

      --- In yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Miranda" <aysdojo@...> wrote:

      > FYI that the 2006-2007 general syllabus put out by honbu dojo is
      > posted on the IYAF website. I've added a link to it from the "Links"
      > portion of this site.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Steven

    • Noronha,Ronald [Ontario]
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
        Check out the following website for a list of yoshinkan basic and advanced DVDs

        Ron

        http://www.budovideos.com/shop/customer/home.php?cat=571

        I learned a variant of Yoshinkan. Does anyone know of a good video
        series that will let me learn the basic technqiues "the IYAF way"?.

        Thanks.

        --- In yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Miranda" <aysdojo@...> wrote:

        > FYI that the 2006-2007 general syllabus put out by honbu dojo is
        > posted on the IYAF website. I've added a link to it from the "Links"
        > portion of this site.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Steven

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Steven Miranda
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
          --- In yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Mc Coy" <jim@...> wrote:

          > I learned a variant of Yoshinkan. Does anyone know of a good
          video
          > series that will let me learn the basic technqiues "the IYAF way"?.
          >
          > Thanks.

          The "IYAF" way? What does that mean exactly. The IYAF dojo's use,
          most anyways, the general syllabus that is referenced. There's no
          such thing as the "IYAF way" in my book.

          "Variant of Yoshinkan?" From whom did you learn this so-called
          variant? Are you talking about YoSHOkai?

          If you're interested in learning aikido as taught and practiced by
          Yoshinkan Aikido, you need to find an instructor because video
          cannot answer your questions nor apply the techniques on you. As for
          video, budovideos.com sells a DVD set that contains all 150 basic
          techniques. I'm sure other sites sell it as well.
        • Mick Chambers
          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 1, 2006
            Buyukan Dojo – Oshawa
            First Baptist Church of Oshawa
            812 Hortop Street, Oshawa, Ontario L1G 4P1
            buyukan@...
            Mick Chambers 416-556-8616
            Chief Instructor

          • Terry Dean

              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 5, 2006
                Terry,
                not yet but soon - I am wroking on it in my spare time.
                i don't want to take to much time away from my Aikido at Web design cross training or
                my aikido will start to suck ;-)

                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 5, 2006
                  Mick,
                  So www.aikidodfw.com is no longer valid?
                  Steven

                  --- In yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com, Mick Chambers <buyukan@...> wrote:

                  > Terry,
                  > not yet but soon - I am wroking on it in my spare time.
                  > i don't want to take to much time away from my Aikido at Web
                  design cross training or
                  > my aikido will start to suck ;-)

                • Mick Chambers
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jun 5, 2006
                    I am not in charge of it anymore and it seems like it is under repair - I will find out the story.
                    sorry I will definatly let you know when we get another running for the Oshawa dojo.

                    > not yet but soon - I am wroking on it in my spare time.
                    > i don't want to take to much time away from my Aikido at Web
                    design cross training or
                    > my aikido will start to suck ;-)

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Terry Dean
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jun 5, 2006
                      Ah ok, let us know when you get it going.

                      Cheers,

                      Terry

                      not yet but soon - I am wroking on it in my spare time.
                      i don't want to take to much time away from my Aikido at Web design cross training or my aikido will start to suck ;-)
                    • Craig Deveau
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jun 5, 2006
                        Mick,

                        All I want to know is who let you back into the country? Didn't we revoke
                        your citizenship?

                        . Craig

                        _____

                        Message 11 of 22 , Aug 28, 2006
                          hey Terry,

                          justaikido.com

                          Message 12 of 22 , Aug 28, 2006
                            Thanks Mick, I've just book marked it and added it to my list! Nice site.

                            http://www.ojirowashi.com/siteinfo.htm

                            Terry

                              Message 14 of 22 , Aug 28, 2006
                                That's because you broke it, I'll fix it. Anymore spamming and you'll have
                                to boot yourself.

                                Terry ;-)

                                Message 15 of 22 , Aug 29, 2006
                                  Terry,

                                  I've just looked the dojo list info in your website
                                  and noticed there's only one dojo listed for Brazil.
                                  In case you want to update it, and to all other folks
                                  that ever come to Sao Paulo and want some place to
                                  practice or just share some time with us, here it
                                  goes:

                                  Instructor: Alexandre Mello / Leandro Loturco
                                  Fujimikan Dojo (IYAF)
                                  Rua Machado de Assis, 56A
                                  Vila Mariana
                                  Sao Paulo SP
                                  04106-000
                                  Brazil
                                  Phone : (55)(11) 8160-7147

                                  There's another IYAF dojo at Mogi das Cruzes, a city
                                  near Sao Paulo:

                                  Instructor: Osamu Ikeda
                                  Konyokan Dojo (IYAF)
                                  Rua Padre Leonidas da Silva, 39
                                  Jundiapeba
                                  Mogi das Cruzes SP
                                  08751-970
                                  Phone: (55)(11)4727-2828

                                  Congratulations for your website. We don't have one
                                  yet, but as soon as we do we'll post it on this list.

                                  Rgds,

                                  Alex.

                                  >Re: Buyukan Dojo - Open
                                  >Posted by: "Terry Dean" Terry.Dean@...
                                  >ojirowashi2000
                                  >Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:17 pm (PST)
                                  >Thanks Mick, I've just book marked it and added it to
                                  >my list! Nice site.
                                  >
                                  >http://www.ojirowashi.com/siteinfo.htm
                                  >
                                  >Terry

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                                • Terry Dean
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Aug 29, 2006
                                    Please let me know when you do get your website up and running Alexandre and
                                    I'd be more than happy to add it to our list. Our list was intended to be a
                                    list of Yoshinkan related of Dojos that also happen to have a working
                                    website. Some have dropped off the Net for various reasons and I really need
                                    to go through it again and clean up the dead links.

                                    Steven Miranda at http://www.seikeikan.com/ has a more comprehensive list of
                                    Yoshinkan Dojos or affiliated ones and he also includes dojos without web
                                    sites. I see your Brazilian dojos are already listed although I think one of
                                    the telephone numbers listed is different.

                                    The IYAF site maintains a very good list of IYAF registered dojos too.

                                    http://www.yoshinkan-aikido.org/contents/iyaf_information/dojo_list?language
                                    =english

                                    Regards,

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Aug 29, 2006
                                      Terry,

                                      Congrats on the opening.

                                      If you get time my dojo wasn't on the list and I'm IYAF registered in southern California.

                                      Instructor: Randy Stoner
                                      Eishinkan Dojo (IYAF)
                                      www.eishinkan.com
                                      23121 Antonio Parkway, Unit 110
                                      Rancho Santa Margarita, CA. 92688
                                      Phone : (949) 713-3343

                                      Additionally, the Huntington Beach dojo is run by Sensei Allen Curry c/o Geordan Reynolds sensei.

                                      Thanks,

                                      Randy

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Aug 29, 2006
                                        Thanks Randy but Micks site is the one that's been launched. We've been up
                                        since 1994.

                                        I've added your dojo site to our list but the server seems to be down at the
                                        moment.

                                        Cheers,

                                        Terry

                                        If you get time my dojo wasn't on the list and I'm IYAF registered in
                                        southern California.

                                        Instructor: Randy Stoner
                                        Eishinkan Dojo (IYAF)
                                        www.eishinkan.com
                                        23121 Antonio Parkway, Unit 110
                                        Rancho Santa Margarita, CA. 92688
                                        Phone : (949) 713-3343

                                        Additionally, the Huntington Beach dojo is run by Sensei Allen Curry c/o
                                        Geordan Reynolds sensei.

                                        Thanks,

                                        Randy
                                      • Alexandre
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Aug 30, 2006
                                          OK, we're working on it and hope to have it ready by
                                          the end of this year.
                                          It may be a hard job to keep these lists up to date,
                                          so we'll gladly update you when we're on air.
                                          Thanks,
                                          Alex.