October Clinic

  • Kevin Bradley
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 4, 2004
      Just an early notification to the group. Robert Mustard Sensei will be
      conducting a clinic at the Meishinkan Dojo, Bloomington, Illinois club the
      weekend of November 12. Details will be forthcoming and will be on our web
      page, www.foxvalleyaikido.com.

      For those of you who did not see my previous post, we just had a great
      weekend hosting Jim Jeannette Sensei. His attention to detail, teaching
      style, and personality made it a worthwhile experience for those who
      attended. We had students from Chicago, Aurora, Joliet, Bloomington, and a
      couple of judoka from Canton, Illinois. There were also students from
      Indianapolis, Indiana there as well, and I thank all who participated.

      Kevin Bradley
      Meishinkan Dojo
      Aurora, Joliet, Bloomington, IL.
    • Nic Mills
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 4, 2004
        Hey Kevin, very impressive...both Mustard sensei and Jeannette sensei with
        in a year. That's great!! They both offer so much in their understanding and
        instruction.
        If you have not been taught by these two fantastic sensei before I highly
        recommend attending a seminar like the one Kevin is putting on.

        Both of these instructors have made very significant impacts on the growth
        and development of Yoshinkan Aikido in North America.

        Nic

        > Just an early notification to the group. Robert Mustard Sensei will be
        > conducting a clinic at the Meishinkan Dojo, Bloomington, Illinois club the
        > weekend of November 12. Details will be forthcoming and will be on our
        web
        > page, www.foxvalleyaikido.com.
        >
        > For those of you who did not see my previous post, we just had a great
        > weekend hosting Jim Jeannette Sensei. His attention to detail, teaching
        > style, and personality made it a worthwhile experience for those who
        > attended. We had students from Chicago, Aurora, Joliet, Bloomington, and
        > couple of judoka from Canton, Illinois. There were also students from
        > Indianapolis, Indiana there as well, and I thank all who participated.
        >
        > Kevin Bradley
        > Meishinkan Dojo
        > Aurora, Joliet, Bloomington, IL.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Speedy Gonzales
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 4, 2004
          Hello, I have a question regarding the Kyu. Is Aikikai kyu transferable to Yoshinkan Kyu? Or it is impossible?

          Thanks

          Grace

        • Charles Yeomans
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 5, 2004
            On Jun 5, 2004, at 1:38 AM, Speedy Gonzales wrote:

            > Hello, I have a question regarding the Kyu. Is Aikikai kyu
            > transferable to Yoshinkan Kyu? Or it is impossible?

            It's at the discretion of the instructor.

            Charles Yeomans
          • Kevin Bradley
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 5, 2004
              NIc:

              You are so right. They've been especially gracious and helpful in our
              efforts to keep Yoshinkan Aikido alive in the Chicagoland area since Sensei
              James passed away, as have many of the senior instructors.

              I registered for your July clinic with Chida Sensei, so I hope my check and
              paperwork were in order. I think I paid in US funds, so that should be good
              for at least one free beer, eh?

              Kevin

              >From: "Nic Mills" <nicamp@...>
              >To: <yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: Re: [Yoshinkan] October Clinic
              >Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 00:11:51 -0400
              >
              >Hey Kevin, very impressive...both Mustard sensei and Jeannette sensei with
              >in a year. That's great!! They both offer so much in their understanding
              >and
              >instruction.
              >If you have not been taught by these two fantastic sensei before I highly
              >recommend attending a seminar like the one Kevin is putting on.
              >
              >Both of these instructors have made very significant impacts on the growth
              >and development of Yoshinkan Aikido in North America.
              >
              >Nic

            • Nic Mills
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 5, 2004
                Everything is in order, including a couple of nice frosty beer!!! We have
                some spaces in all clinics left but we will be full very soon in some of the
                classes.

              • theloneaiki
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 7, 2004
                  I missed last years clinic with Mustard sensei and Jeannette sensei,
                  and I have not stopped kicking myself!!! I have trained under both of
                  these sensei before and they were both truly amazing. I am trying to
                  re-arrange some last minute business things so that I can come to the
                  Chida sensei clinics. I have never trained under Chida sensei before
                  but have heard remarkable things. Are the pkg deals still available
                  or do I have to sign up for individual clinics?

                  What is the last date for ticket sales, in the past you have sold
                  tickets at the door, can I purchase tickets at the door for this
                  seminar?

                  I had such amazing experiences under Mustard and Jeannette sensei. I
                  was wondering if either of them are coming??

                  John

                • brendangrace8e
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 8, 2004
                    I beleive Robert Mustard sensei will be there. He is a very amazing
                    instructor. I attended the seminar at his dojo with Jeannette
                    sensei and thoroughly enjoyed myself. If ever you get to the
                    Vancouver BC area do drop by his dojo in Burnaby. His regular
                    classes seem just as impressive as his Kenshu's are.

                    --- In yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com, "theloneaiki" <TheLoneAiki@h...>

                  • Nic Mills
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 8, 2004
                      Last years clinics were great., I'm sorry you missed them ,we have all the
                      clinics on DVD they are available for purchase and we will have a few copies
                      at this years clinics.

                      There are still spaces in all clinics, although the Saturday classes are
                      getting very full - so, the package deal for all the clinics is still
                      available for the time being.

                      Our official deadline for ticket sales is the 15th of June. - It is fast
                      approaching - We will give some leeway on registration pkgs. that are in the
                      mail etc..

                      We are not selling tickets at the door - this left too much to chance and a
                      bit of chaos and confusion on the first day. We want to avoid that.

                      Both Mustard sensei and Jeannette sensei are coming to the seminar, it will
                      be great to train under them again too.

                      We are all looking forward to training with so many yoshinkan people from
                      different dojo and to training under Chida sensei with some of NA top
                      instructors present to help sort it all out for us!!

                      OSU

                      Nic