RE: [yoshinkan] AYI volume 1 number 3

  • Todd Johnson
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 3 2:11 PM
      Message
      That was an excellent issue of AYI. Love the story by Duncan James.

      Thank you.

      ... Todd (Ronald II) Johnson

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 6 8:33 AM
        Message
        Hi all,

        I regret to inform all of you of my move from semi-retirement to full retirement
        from Aikido.
        I will be moving from Vancouver to Dallas Texas at the end of September and
        continue to be busy at work and with my little girl at home.

        I love the yoshinkan way and if anyone ever moves to Dallas and wants to start
        a club I would be more than will to attend classes, however the burden on running
        a  club requires a special type of dedication that is beyond me at this time.

        I have a lot of good relationships in Yoshinkan and I have been around North
        America enjoying the benefits of studying and teaching.  I guess you
        get out of it what you put in to it and that is never more true than in Yoshinkan
        Aikido.

        I wish you all many more injury free hard training days ahead.

        Mick
      • aysdojo
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 6 7:50 PM
          Best of luck to you and your family Mick!

          Peace,

          Steven Miranda
          Seikeikan Dojo
          Sacramento, CA

          --- In yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com, Mick Chambers <buyukan@s...> wrote:
          > Hi all,
          >
          > I regret to inform all of you of my move from semi-retirement to
          full
          > retirement
          > from Aikido.
          > I will be moving from Vancouver to Dallas Texas at the end of
          September
          > and
          > continue to be busy at work and with my little girl at home.
          >
          > I love the yoshinkan way and if anyone ever moves to Dallas and
          wants to
          > start
          > a club I would be more than will to attend classes, however the
          burden
          > on running
          > a club requires a special type of dedication that is beyond me at
          this
          > time.
          >
          > I have a lot of good relationships in Yoshinkan and I have been
          around
          > North
          > America enjoying the benefits of studying and teaching. I guess
          you
          > get out of it what you put in to it and that is never more true
          than in
          > Yoshinkan
          > Aikido.
          >
          > I wish you all many more injury free hard training days ahead.
          >
          > Mick
        • rezal zakaria
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 6 9:15 PM
            my best wishes to you and your family.
            best way to spend time is with family I would always
            say.

            Best regards to all

            --- Mick Chambers <buyukan@...> wrote:
            > Hi all,
            >
            > I regret to inform all of you of my move from
            > semi-retirement to full
            > retirement
            > from Aikido.
            > I will be moving from Vancouver to Dallas Texas at
            > the end of September
            > and
            > continue to be busy at work and with my little girl
            > at home.
            >
            > I love the yoshinkan way and if anyone ever moves to
            > Dallas and wants to
            > start
            > a club I would be more than will to attend classes,
            > however the burden
            > on running
            > a club requires a special type of dedication that
            > is beyond me at this
            > time.
            >
            > I have a lot of good relationships in Yoshinkan and
            > I have been around
            > North
            > America enjoying the benefits of studying and
            > teaching. I guess you
            > get out of it what you put in to it and that is
            > never more true than in
            > Yoshinkan
            > Aikido.
            >
            > I wish you all many more injury free hard training
            > days ahead.
            >
            > Mick

            http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
          • Ryan Tasker
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 7 7:52 PM
              Message
              Hi Mick,

              Good luck with everything.
              I'm proud to have been one of your students.

              Ryan Tasker

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 8 12:10 PM
                Message
                Thanks Ryan!

                I will see you when I am in TO next time.

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 8 2:17 PM
                  Message
                  Mick,
                  Is this for real?

                  Gordie Shumaker

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 10 8:10 AM
                    Message
                    yep I will be in Dallas at the end of the month.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 10 9:04 AM
                      Message
                      Good luck!  Thanks for all your help and your friendship.  It is Aikido's loss that you will not be teaching, but I hope you can visit us and train with us some time after you get settled in.

                      Gordie