Re: weapons/names and opinions

  • Daryl Hartz
    Message 1 of 20 , May 1, 2003
      Hmmmmm...

      I have found that if it is taught in the right measure it can
      benefit your training tremendously. Weapons are a good training
      tool. As I said before distancing and timing awareness increase like
      crazy when you study buki. That awareness carries over into your
      hand techniques and accelerates your understanding of the art. As a
      junior who has an instructor with a great deal of knowledge in
      weapons, I have found this. So my words of encouragement(personal
      opinion), to juniors is - if you find an instructor who supplements
      your training with weapons, stick with them. Now having said that,
      if they are spending too much time on weapons and neglecting hand
      techniques...that's a different story.

      Oh, and if you have an opinion and don't care to list your
      name...who cares? We don't want to scare people away who are de-
      lurking and have interesting things to say.

      Daryl