Re: [yoshinkan] BEER

  • Robin Wood
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1 4:17 AM
      Forgoved! (HIC!) Forgaved... forgotten... how was the
      (HIC!) past particule participe par (HIC!).. well...
      anyhow, PROST!

      --- Phase of Life <phaseol@...> escribió: >
      > I hope you all will forgive my one sidedness. I
      > hate to be the prudish one in the crowd, but I it is
      > hard for me to sit and listen to people justify how
      > the wellness of a bunch of alcohol after training in
      > something so enlightening as Aikido. It seems
      > unfortunate that people need such things as,
      > Guinness, Daiginjo sake, Chateau Petrus '61, or any
      > other form of alcohol to be the way of enlightenment
      > after training. Give me intense training,
      > unconditional love, good conversation, someone
      > willing to question their deepest beliefs, and 10
      > glasses of room temperature water and I will show
      > you joy.
      > All that said, I am more than happy to share the
      > bonding that comes from friendships made and earned
      > through training. If that means going to a lounge
      > or pub to do so, I will, and I will do it with joy
      > in my heart for the sense of community and
      > relationship.
      >
      > Osu!

    • Mick Chambers
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1 11:16 AM
        Message
        You can all thank me for not chiming in on the BEER topic and making it last even longer than it should have! :-)

        To change the topic: The Sum of all Fears!
        I just got back from the show and I nearly lost it when right near the end, who shows up on the silver screen but
        our dear friend and comrade Phil Akin Sensei! ... and the truth is he sounded, looked and acted great!
        I suggest you all see it, just for Phil.

        After the movie I said to my wife, wasn't that great to see Phil doing so well?  She said,"I can't believe Phil
        got to meet Ben Affleck!"  Although what she really meant was "yea Phil was great"

        Ben Affleck? who the hell is Ben Affleck?
        :-)

        Someone from Kimeda Sensei's dojo please pass on our congratulations.

        Mick