Is anyone left?

  • John Hicks
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 1, 2002
      Hello?
      Is anyone left in this group? If all are moving on
      are there any suggestions of other Yoshinkan bulletins
      or groups? Please advise as I have enjoyed the notices
      and discussions.
      We have a small dojo here in Ann Arbor and teach
      the Yoshinkan I knew in Japan. It is fantastic. If
      anyone is looking for a dojo in southeastern Michigan
      please give us a call.

      Regards,
      John Hicks
      Shoshinkan Dojo
      734-913-1072

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
    • Nic and Anna-Marie Mills
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 1, 2002
        I think we are still here... I am... Mick any movement on the moderator
        stuff.... I think we need to do something there are lots of offers any / all
        seem to be good, what needs to be done to transfer "moderatorship" to
        someone else??

        Nic
        > Is anyone left in this group? If all are moving on
        > are there any suggestions of other Yoshinkan bulletins
        > or groups? Please advise as I have enjoyed the notices
        > and discussions.
        > We have a small dojo here in Ann Arbor and teach
        > the Yoshinkan I knew in Japan. It is fantastic. If
        > anyone is looking for a dojo in southeastern Michigan
        > please give us a call.
        >
        > Regards,
        > John Hicks
        > Shoshinkan Dojo
        > 734-913-1072

      • Chris & Charmaine
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 1, 2002
          Yep . . . still here! I think all Mick needs to do to transfer to you is go in
          and set you as the moderator . . . should be pretty simple . . .

          Chris

          Nic and Anna-Marie Mills wrote:

          > I think we are still here... I am... Mick any movement on the moderator
          > stuff.... I think we need to do something there are lots of offers any / all
          > seem to be good, what needs to be done to transfer "moderatorship" to
          > someone else??
          >
          > Nic

        • Terry Dean
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 1, 2002
            There's still 290 left. John have you got a website url for your dojo?

            Terry
            > Is anyone left in this group? If all are moving on
            > are there any suggestions of other Yoshinkan bulletins
            > or groups? Please advise as I have enjoyed the notices
            > and discussions.
            > We have a small dojo here in Ann Arbor and teach
            > the Yoshinkan I knew in Japan. It is fantastic. If
            > anyone is looking for a dojo in southeastern Michigan
            > please give us a call.
            >
            > Regards,
            > John Hicks
            > Shoshinkan Dojo
            > 734-913-1072

          • Terry Dean
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 1, 2002
              The will? ;-)
              what needs to be done to transfer "moderatorship" to
              > someone else??
            • Mick Chambers
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 2, 2002
                Message
                don't know the userid and password, that was several lives ago now so I concede to who ever wants to figure out
                how to change it.  Feel free to do what you want
                Mick
                Yep . . . still here!  I think all Mick needs to do to transfer to you is go in
                and set you as the moderator . . . should be pretty simple . . .

                Chris

                Nic and Anna-Marie Mills wrote:

                > I think we are still here...  I am... Mick any movement on the moderator
                > stuff.... I think we need to do something there are lots of offers any / all
                > seem to be good, what needs to be done to transfer "moderatorship" to
                > someone else??
                >
                > Nic

              • Craig Deveau
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 2, 2002
                  Message
                  Hey Mick,

                  I sent a note to Yahoo Support, although as the original list owner, they might require that you speak with them.  I'll let you know when/what I hear back from them.

                  Regards,

                  ... Craig

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 3, 2002
                    GReetings to all

                    My name is Alejandro Herrnsdorf. I'm an aikido fan and
                    on-and-off practitioner. I'd like to know a little
                    more about this list. What does the name *yoshinkan*
                    implies?

                    Tnx to all

                    Alejandro

                  • Mick Chambers
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 4, 2002
                      Message
                      I already tried that
                      I sent a note to Yahoo Support, although as the original list owner, they might require that you speak with them.  I'll let you know when/what I hear back from them.

                      Regards,

                      ... Craig

                      don't know the userid and password, that was several lives ago now so I concede to who ever wants to figure out
                      how to change it.  Feel free to do what you want
                      Mick

                    • robjcameron
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 12, 2002
                        Is this a coup D'Etat?
                        I figured it would eventually happen.
                        People forget. The old dogs lie in wait.
                        The reins of power change.
                        The database gets "cleaned up". Censorship arrives.
                        The opposition is exterminated.
                        Nothing happened here.
                        Yes?

                        --- In yoshinkan@y..., John Hicks <jhicks2002@y...> wrote:
                        > Hello?
                        > Is anyone left in this group? If all are moving on
                        > are there any suggestions of other Yoshinkan bulletins
                        > or groups? Please advise as I have enjoyed the notices
                        > and discussions.
                        > We have a small dojo here in Ann Arbor and teach
                        > the Yoshinkan I knew in Japan. It is fantastic. If
                        > anyone is looking for a dojo in southeastern Michigan
                        > please give us a call.
                        >
                        > Regards,
                        > John Hicks
                        > Shoshinkan Dojo
                        > 734-913-1072

                        > http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
                      • Jim McKay
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 12, 2002

                          Hi Rob...I just joined myself...and just got back into the art...it tough as i have programming from Wing Tsun and past aiki aikido.  But I agree..if it isnt applicable in the uncertainties and chaos of combat, it cannot be translated to the metaphysical or physical realms...The 8 diesrtions cut i havent trained much doing but i am familiar and enjoyed it when i did....and now that you brought it back up...i am going to add it to a daily routine.  I have yet to be shown it at the dojo i have just joined, but i am sure its in one of the two texsts by Shiodo...

                          James Mckay

                            robjcameron <robertj_cameron@...> wrote:

                          Is this a coup D'Etat?
                          I figured it would eventually happen.
                          People forget. The old dogs lie in wait.
                          The reins of power change.
                          The database gets "cleaned up". Censorship arrives.
                          The opposition is exterminated.
                          Nothing happened here.
                          Yes?

                          --- In yoshinkan@y..., John Hicks <jhicks2002@y...> wrote:
                          > Hello?
                          >    Is anyone left in this group? If all are moving on
                          > are there any suggestions of other Yoshinkan bulletins
                          > or groups? Please advise as I have enjoyed the notices
                          > and discussions.
                          >    We have a small dojo here in Ann Arbor and teach
                          > the Yoshinkan I knew in Japan. It is fantastic. If
                          > anyone is looking for a dojo in southeastern Michigan
                          > please give us a call.
                          >
                          > Regards,
                          > John Hicks
                          > Shoshinkan Dojo
                          > 734-913-1072

                          Do You Yahoo!?

                        • robjcameron
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jun 13, 2002
                            Hi jim,
                            Yes, i see . But you put your reply in the wrrong threead.
                            Anyway, yes.
                            That's how i was taught to practice.
                            That is practise, not pass tests or maintain filing cabinets.
                            If you just do the same start direction, you start relying on visual
                            orientations raather than body habit. switch start positions and see
                            how suddenly confused you get. But then after a while you stop being
                            confused by making your body awareness stronger.
                            That's martial art.
                            Ritual must have a meaning. some things or necessary in ritual, like
                            placing down a weapon... going to one knee.
                            rob

                            oouyt
                            --- In yoshinkan@y..., Jim McKay <jwmchecksin@y...> wrote:

                            > Hi Rob...I just joined myself...and just got back into the
                            art...it tough as i have programming from Wing Tsun and past aiki
                            aikido. But I agree..if it isnt applicable in the uncertainties and
                            chaos of combat, it cannot be translated to the metaphysical or
                            physical realms...The 8 diesrtions cut i havent trained much doing
                            but i am familiar and enjoyed it when i did....and now that you
                            brought it back up...i am going to add it to a daily routine. I have
                            yet to be shown it at the dojo i have just joined, but i am sure its
                            in one of the two texsts by Shiodo...
                            > James Mckay
                            > robjcameron <robertj_cameron@h...> wrote: Is this a coup D'Etat?
                            > I figured it would eventually happen.
                            > People forget. The old dogs lie in wait.
                            > The reins of power change.
                            > The database gets "cleaned up". Censorship arrives.
                            > The opposition is exterminated.
                            > Nothing happened here.
                            > Yes?
                            >

                            > --- In yoshinkan@y..., John Hicks <jhicks2002@y...> wrote:
                            > > Hello?
                            > > Is anyone left in this group? If all are moving on
                            > > are there any suggestions of other Yoshinkan bulletins
                            > > or groups? Please advise as I have enjoyed the notices
                            > > and discussions.
                            > > We have a small dojo here in Ann Arbor and teach
                            > > the Yoshinkan I knew in Japan. It is fantastic. If
                            > > anyone is looking for a dojo in southeastern Michigan
                            > > please give us a call.
                            > >
                            > > Regards,
                            > > John Hicks
                            > > Shoshinkan Dojo
                            > > 734-913-1072

                            Service.

                            > Sign-up for Video Highlights of 2002 FIFA World Cup
                          • illyah2002
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jun 15, 2002
                              Hi.

                              There is another Yoshinkan Message board at :

                              http://www.topica.com/lists/Yoshinkan

                              I only mention it because someone asked earlier. It is banner and ad
                              free.

                              Illyah :)

                              --- In yoshinkan@y..., "Nic and Anna-Marie Mills" <nicamp@s...> wrote:
                              > I think we are still here... I am... Mick any movement on the
                              moderator
                              > stuff.... I think we need to do something there are lots of offers
                              any / all
                              > seem to be good, what needs to be done to transfer "moderatorship"
                              > someone else??
                              >
                              > Nic

                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            • JT
                              Message 14 of 23 , Apr 28, 2004
                                Thank you for letting me join the group. I am a member of ASU and am
                                always interested in improving my Aikido from all Aikido assn's.
                                Does anyone know of any yoshinkan schools in Florida? I am known to
                                visit various schools throughout Fl and am always eager to train
                                even though my Aikido sucks but that is another matter. Eager to
                                hear from you all!

                                Train hard to become soft
                                JT
                              • Steven Miranda
                                Message 15 of 23 , Apr 29, 2004
                                  Hi JT,

                                  Welcome to the list. I know only of one dojo in Flordia.
                                  I don't know if it is accurate or not.

                                  Shuseikan Dojo (IYAF)
                                  Instructor(s): Terrenyce Cooper
                                  4745 Dundee Circle
                                  Jacksonville, FL 32210
                                  Phone: (904)779-7767
                                  E-mail: tjc6091@...

                                  Good luck,

                                  Steven Miranda

                                  --- In yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com, "JT" <locutus1369@y...> wrote:
                                  > Thank you for letting me join the group. I am a member of ASU and
                                  am
                                  > always interested in improving my Aikido from all Aikido assn's.
                                  > Does anyone know of any yoshinkan schools in Florida? I am known to
                                  > visit various schools throughout Fl and am always eager to train
                                  > even though my Aikido sucks but that is another matter. Eager to
                                  > hear from you all!
                                  >
                                  > Train hard to become soft
                                  > JT
                                • Steven Miranda
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Apr 29, 2004
                                    Well now ... while looking for something completely
                                    unrelated, I found his website.

                                    http://www.wsmabudo.org/aikido.htm

                                    Enjoy!

                                    --- In yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Miranda" <aysdojo@y...>
                                    wrote:
                                    > Hi JT,
                                    >
                                    > Welcome to the list. I know only of one dojo in Flordia.
                                    > I don't know if it is accurate or not.
                                    >
                                    > Shuseikan Dojo (IYAF)
                                    > Instructor(s): Terrenyce Cooper
                                    > 4745 Dundee Circle
                                    > Jacksonville, FL 32210
                                    > Phone: (904)779-7767
                                    > E-mail: tjc6091@h...
                                    >
                                    > Good luck,
                                    >
                                    > Steven Miranda
                                    >

                                    > --- In yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com, "JT" <locutus1369@y...> wrote:
                                    > > Thank you for letting me join the group. I am a member of ASU and
                                    > am
                                    > > always interested in improving my Aikido from all Aikido assn's.
                                    > > Does anyone know of any yoshinkan schools in Florida? I am known
                                    > > visit various schools throughout Fl and am always eager to train
                                    > > even though my Aikido sucks but that is another matter. Eager to
                                    > > hear from you all!
                                    > >
                                    > > Train hard to become soft
                                    > > JT
                                  • Speedy Gonzales
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Apr 29, 2004
                                      Hello, I used to subscribe to this groupie while ago. And now I am singing up again to ask questions...
                                      How are you everyone? I just finished university and gone to home where there is no Yoshinkan Aikido. I had spoken to my Sensei that there is no Yoshinkan Aikido and he suggested that I should take whatever Aikido that is available in my town. I just found out that Aikido in my town closes for summer. (I think they do it in community centre or something, but Aikido is very unpopular in this town...) IF! I live in Vancouver, I would have gone to Burnaby dojo as my Sensei suggested! But I live in interior BC!!!!!!!!! SUCKS!

                                      My question is, what can I do to keep myself up with aikido? Is practising Kamae, Hiriki no Yosei etc will help me at least remember what to do? Practising alone for long time will built bad habit as well... Or do you have any suggestions that how one person can practise? I am staying here until Sept 2005 for sure, and I won't be doing Aikido, unless I find what is going on with this other dojo in this town. I am bit scared that I might forget everything! I mean I'm only 7kyu for crying out loud! I suck so bad!!
                                      Would learning ju-jutsu help? I know nothing about it...
                                      Thanks

                                      Naoko

                                    • stephen_baker
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Apr 29, 2004
                                        Greetings All,

                                        I live in Jacksonville and have visited the Westside Martial Arts
                                        dojo. Mr. Cooper is a very warm and welcoming instructor as well as
                                        excellent technician. The assistant instructor Mr. Delacruz is
                                        fantastic with we beginners as well. Both instructors are very
                                        exacting but very patient. My current work schedule (all the time)
                                        does not allow for training currently, but this is my first choice
                                        for training in Jacksonville.

                                        Best wishes to all.

                                        Stephen Baker

                                        wrote:
                                        > Well now ... while looking for something completely
                                        > unrelated, I found his website.
                                        >
                                        > http://www.wsmabudo.org/aikido.htm
                                        >
                                        > Enjoy!
                                        >

                                        > --- In yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Miranda" <aysdojo@y...>
                                        > wrote:
                                        > > Hi JT,
                                        > >
                                        > > Welcome to the list. I know only of one dojo in Flordia.
                                        > > I don't know if it is accurate or not.
                                        > >
                                        > > Shuseikan Dojo (IYAF)
                                        > > Instructor(s): Terrenyce Cooper
                                        > > 4745 Dundee Circle
                                        > > Jacksonville, FL 32210
                                        > > Phone: (904)779-7767
                                        > > E-mail: tjc6091@h...
                                        > >
                                        > > Good luck,
                                        > >
                                        > > Steven Miranda
                                        > >

                                        > > --- In yoshinkan@yahoogroups.com, "JT" <locutus1369@y...> wrote:
                                        > > > Thank you for letting me join the group. I am a member of ASU
                                        and
                                        > > am
                                        > > > always interested in improving my Aikido from all Aikido
                                        assn's.
                                        > > > Does anyone know of any yoshinkan schools in Florida? I am
                                        known
                                        > > > visit various schools throughout Fl and am always eager to
                                        train
                                        > > > even though my Aikido sucks but that is another matter. Eager
                                        > > > hear from you all!
                                        > > >
                                        > > > Train hard to become soft
                                        > > > JT
                                      • VICTORIA SMART
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Apr 29, 2004
                                          Hi Speedy Gonzales!

                                          It is sad to hear that there is no Yoshinkan aikido in your home town ... big bummer. I don't have any comment on ju-jutsu or other martial arts but I would think that it would be beneficial for you to keep practising kamae and the kihon dosa by yourself so your body doesn't forget the basics. I am very fortunate to train under Mustard Sensei at Aikido Yoshinkai Burnaby. Perhaps you should think about making some pilgrimages to our dojo for some assistance; Mustard Sensei always welcomes visitors who have good spirit and train hard. I don't know where in the interior your hometown is ... but a trip (or trips) to Burnaby would be well worth your while.

                                          Good luck.

                                          OSU!

                                          Vicki

                                        • Anibal Ibarra
                                          Message 20 of 23 , May 17, 2004
                                            The only Aikido place the I heard of is

                                            Aikido Club - Okanagan Aikikai - Kelowna Dojo
                                            Kelly Purdue 250-860-7879

                                            --- Speedy Gonzales <gracie_note@...> wrote:
                                            > Hello, I used to subscribe to this groupie while
                                            > ago. And now I am singing up again to ask
                                            > questions...
                                            > How are you everyone? I just finished university
                                            > and gone to home where there is no Yoshinkan Aikido.
                                            > I had spoken to my Sensei that there is no
                                            > Yoshinkan Aikido and he suggested that I should take
                                            > whatever Aikido that is available in my town. I
                                            > just found out that Aikido in my town closes for
                                            > summer. (I think they do it in community centre or
                                            > something, but Aikido is very unpopular in this
                                            > town...) IF! I live in Vancouver, I would have gone
                                            > to Burnaby dojo as my Sensei suggested! But I live
                                            > in interior BC!!!!!!!!! SUCKS!
                                            >
                                            > My question is, what can I do to keep myself up with
                                            > aikido? Is practising Kamae, Hiriki no Yosei etc
                                            > will help me at least remember what to do?
                                            > Practising alone for long time will built bad habit
                                            > as well... Or do you have any suggestions that how
                                            > one person can practise? I am staying here until
                                            > Sept 2005 for sure, and I won't be doing Aikido,
                                            > unless I find what is going on with this other dojo
                                            > in this town. I am bit scared that I might forget
                                            > everything! I mean I'm only 7kyu for crying out
                                            > loud! I suck so bad!!
                                            > Would learning ju-jutsu help? I know nothing about
                                            > it...
                                            > Thanks
                                            >
                                            > Naoko

                                            > removed]

                                            http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/
                                          • La Pedrera
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Jul 1, 2004
                                              Just announcing myself to the list.. Just found out about the list searching through the schools web page. :)

                                              I practice at Yoshinkai Canada with Sensei Takeshi Kimeda
                                              www.aikido.ca

                                            • Gustavo Castilhos
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Feb 22, 2005
                                                Hello, everyone!
                                                This is my first post to the list, so I will leave a brief profile of
                                                myself. I am 36 years old, 20 of that practicing martial arts and 16
                                                years in Aikido. Last year I met Yoshinkan Aikido and that changed my
                                                whole (Aikido) life. It was a great honor to meet people from Brazil
                                                and Canada that are so involved in Shioda Sensei's ideal of Aikido. I
                                                hope we can discuss much more here and get deeper in Yoshinkan Aikido.
                                                Best to all
                                                Gustavo "Gus" Castilhos
                                              • Steven Miranda
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Feb 22, 2005
                                                  Hi Gustavo,

                                                  Welcome to the list and Yoshinkan Aikido.

                                                  Steven Miranda, Seikeikan Dojo
                                                  Sacramento, CA USA
                                                  www.seikeikan.com

                                                  Gustavo Castilhos <gcastilhos@...> wrote:

                                                  Hello, everyone!
                                                  This is my first post to the list, so I will leave a brief profile of
                                                  myself. I am 36 years old, 20 of that practicing martial arts and 16
                                                  years in Aikido. Last year I met Yoshinkan Aikido and that changed my
                                                  whole (Aikido) life. It was a great honor to meet people from Brazil
                                                  and Canada that are so involved in Shioda Sensei's ideal of Aikido. I
                                                  hope we can discuss much more here and get deeper in Yoshinkan Aikido.
                                                  Best to all
                                                  Gustavo "Gus" Castilhos

                                                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                                  Get unlimited calls to