Chida Sensei Clinics May 2001

  • j j
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2001
      January 1, 2001

      Dear Aikido Friends,

      This is an update of information about the Chida
      Sensei visit in May 2001. Included here is
      preliminary information regarding fees and clinics.
      Toward the end of January we will be sending out
      complete information packages, but due to "first-come,
      first-served" policy many instructors have been asking
      for times, dates and costs.

      As we announced back in June, the Aiki Centre of
      Canada and the Seibukan Dojo of the University of
      Windsor are proudly hosting Chida Sensei in Windsor,
      Ontario in May 2001. Sensei Sue and myself are
      celebrating our 25th anniversary of studying and
      teaching Yoshinkan Aikido.

      Clinics with Chida Sensei are scheduled May 24th
      through the 27th at both the Aiki Centre and Seibukan
      dojo with a 25th Anniversary demonstration to be held
      at the University of Windsor on May 26th. This is the
      basic schedule of clinics. If there are any changes
      to this they will only be minor. All of the Aikido
      clinics will be taught by Chida Sensei.

      April 24th - Thursday,
      7-8:30 p.m. Aiki Centre of Canada, 3226 Walker Rd.
      Windsor
      - Black Belt Test to immediately follow Clinic

      April 25th - Friday,
      7-8:30 p.m. Aiki Centre of Canada

      April 26th - Saturday,
      10 a.m.-12 p.m. University of Windsor Seibukan Dojo
      2-4 p.m. University of Windsor Seibukan Dojo
      5 p.m. - 25th Anniversary Aikido Demonstration
      -following demonstration, Special Dinner Party - Chida
      Sensei Guest of Honour

      April 27th - Sunday,
      10 a.m.-12 p.m. Aiki Centre of Canada

      Reservations are accepted on a first-come first-served
      basis. Due to space availability, we have a limit of
      60 participants per clinic at the Aiki Centre, so we
      urge you to get your reservations in as soon as
      possible. At this time there is no limit on the number
      of people attending the Saturday Clinics at the
      University of Windsor.

      For those registering 'before' March 24th cost per
      clinic will be $30 Canadian including G.S.T. 'After'
      May 24th cost per clinic will be $35. Registration may
      be paid by money order (in Canadian funds) made out to
      the Aiki Centre of Canada. Personal cheques will not
      be accepted.

      Cost for the dinner party is projected to be $25,
      (reservation required, location to be announced).

      If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me at
      aikican@... or aikicen@... Attention Chida
      Sensei Visit May 2001 or call 519-966-2297

      Everyone is invited to participate in both the Aikido
      clinics and our special 25th Anniversary Aikido
      Demonstration. We're looking forward to seeing you at
      this exciting event!

      Sincerely,

      Jim Jeannette
      Head Instructor
      Aiki Centre of Canada
      Windsor, Ontario

    • j j
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 26 6:22 PM
        Dear Aikido Friends,

        As you know we have Chida Sensei visiting the Aiki
        Centre of Canada from May 24th through May
        27th.

        In the original package that Susan and I sent out to
        the IYAF dojos we had set March 24th as the
        first dealine, after which the price of the clinics
        would increase by $5.

        Because of the strong response and support that we
        have received regarding these clinics we have
        decided to leave the clinics set at the first price of
        $30. per clinic and not increase the price by $5.
        as originally stated.

        Thanks to all those who registered early, which was
        still a good idea as the clinics are still being dealt

        with on a first-come first-served basis. This decision
        is to aid those who have to wait longer to
        decide due to possible other commitments. The number
        of attendees at the Aiki Centre will still be
        limited to 60. ( a number which we are quickly
        approaching)

        Our web site still has info on Motels, maps and other
        information. Check it out at
        http://www.mnsi.net/~aikicen/news.htm
        If anyone needs a registration form please e-mail me
        at either Aikicen@... or
        aikican@...

        Shortly I'll update the info as to the remaining
        number of packages available. I ask that anyone
        writing be patient as I have a large number of e-mails
        to respond to.

        We look forward to seeing you in May.

        Sincerely,

        Jim Jeannette
        Head Instructor
        Aiki Centre of Canada
        Windsor, On

        P.S. Please feel free to pass this e-mail on to anyone
        that you think might be interested in this new
        information.

      • j j
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 20, 2001
          The Aiki Centre of Canada, Windsor, Ontario is hosting
          Chida Shuseki Shihan for a series of clinics and a
          demonstration from May 24th through May 27th as we
          celebrate 25 years of teaching and studying Yoshinkan
          Aikido.

          The deadline for registrations is next Friday, April
          27th. There are now about 10 spots left in the
          Thursday, Friday and Sunday clinics. The Saturday
          clinics are unlimited. Also, for those inquiring
          about the Saturday evening dinner with Chida Sensei,
          there are now only 10 seats left.

          There will also be a black belt test, with Chida
          Sensei, following the Thursday night clinic.

          Due to space restrictions, we cannot have spectators
          at the Thursday, Friday or Sunday Clinics.

          Registrations for the clinics and dinner are on a
          first-come first-served basis. Registration is
          complete upon receipt of payment.

          Please note: for those Instructors attending the
          Clinics and who would like to be in the Demonstration
          we need to know by April 30th. No late comers will be
          added to the demonstration as we are making up a
          demonstration program.

          We have a diverse group of instructors and students
          already signed up from across North America. It's
          looking to be a great weekend of Aikido training and
          socializing.

          If you have any questions regarding the weekend please
          contact me at Aikican@... or Aikicen@...

          Thank you,

          Jim Jeannette
          Head Instructor