York County Dads Friday

  • York County Dads
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 4, 2008
      We will be at Manchester Meadows this Friday at 10:30 in Rock Hill.  Manchester Meadows is at 337 E. Mt. Gallant Rd.in Rock Hill.  Friday it should be in the 60's.  We hope to see you then!

      Miranda Green talks to middle-class men who have given up other jobs to concentrate on child-care, and discovers a fine balance of happiness and frustration behind their masculine reserve ...

      From INTELLIGENT LIFE magazine, December 2007
      A sunny morning in the affluent London suburb of Wimbledon, and the atmosphere in the playgroup is jolly, but a good deal quieter than you would expect with 13 children and 12 adults milling around a church hall. The reason isn't hard to spot: the parents are all men, and there is a certain masculine reserve in the air. Welcome to Dads and Little'Uns . . .

      Christopher Bush
      York County Dads
      (803) 328-0949
      http://www.geocities.com/yorkcountydads/

    • York County Dads
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 10, 2008
        York County Dads will be at Plaza Fiesta this Friday at 11:00 am.  Entrance was $1 per child.  Adults are also $1.  Plaza Fiesta is next to Carowinds.

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 18, 2008
          Since it will be cooler and raining we will be at Plaza Fiesta Friday at 11:00 am.  Entrance is $1.  We were there last week but it has turned out to be a great place to go, especially if any restaraunts bother opening up.  See you then!

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 23, 2008
            York County Dads will be at Harris St. Park in Fort Mill this coming Friday at 11:00 am.  Harris St. Park is off of 21 just south of Hwy. 160.  Hope to see you soon!

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 4, 2008

              Hello,

              York County Dads will be at Manchester Meadows this Friday at 10:00 am.  We hope to see you then!  Also here is the email about white water rafing that I am forwarding  . . .

               All -

              > Mark and I are interested in a planning a day at the White Water
              > Center --- for those who have not been there - in addition to the
              > rafting (which is 12 and up I believe) - there is a kids' climbing
              > wall and lots of trails for walking or biking. There is also
              > kayaking.
              >
              > With a large enough group - we can do two runs on the water - so
              > there is always 1/2 the adults with the kids... there is plenty of
              > room for picnic and there is a cafe for those who prefer to buy food.
              >
              > So, I'm happy to organize it and open to extending - so if you're
              > interested let me know --- and pass it on to others you'd like to
              > join in... and we'll organize a weekend day and time.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > -Carolyn Blair

              http://www.usnwc.org/

              York County Dads

            • York County Dads
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 13, 2008
                York County Dads will be at Cherry Park this Friday at 10:00 am in Rock Hill.  We hope to see you then!

                York County Dads

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 30, 2009
                  York County Dads will be at Cherry Park this Friday at 12:15.  The weather is supposed to be nicer this week so it is time we were outside again.  Hope to see you soon!