Experiencing MTA Connectivity Issues Today

  • ymailadmin-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 26, 2010
      If you're seeing some queuing in your outbounds today when sending to Y! users, we're currently experiencing low connectivity across our MTAs, which started this morning. We're working to get things back to normal.

      The SMTP error message being generated by the issue should be:

      "420 Resources unavailable temporarily. Please try later <insert Y! MTA hostname>"

      Our apologies for the inconvenience.

      Best regards,

      Carlo
      Yahoo! Mail
    • ymailadmin-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2010
        Our MTAs' connectivity levels are stable and back to normal, folks. Thanks for hanging in there.

        Best regards,

        Carlo
        Yahoo! Mail

        --- In ymailadmin@yahoogroups.com, ymailadmin-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > If you're seeing some queuing in your outbounds today when sending to Y! users, we're currently experiencing low connectivity across our MTAs, which started this morning. We're working to get things back to normal.
        >
        > The SMTP error message being generated by the issue should be:
        >
        > "420 Resources unavailable temporarily. Please try later <insert Y! MTA hostname>"
        >

        > Our apologies for the inconvenience.
        >

        > Best regards,
        >
        > Carlo
        > Yahoo! Mail

      • postmaster.team
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 27, 2010
          Sorry for the late update, but as I'm sure most of the senders have noticed, we're again experiencing low connectivity on our MTAs, starting very early this morning.

          We're working hard to restore the connectivity to normal levels, and I'll post an update as soon as I have some good news.

          Best regards,

          Carlo
          Yahoo! Mail

          --- In ymailadmin@yahoogroups.com, ymailadmin-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          > Our MTAs' connectivity levels are stable and back to normal, folks. Thanks for hanging in there.
          >

          > Best regards,
          >
          > Carlo
          > Yahoo! Mail
          >
          > --- In ymailadmin@yahoogroups.com, ymailadmin-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          > >
          > > If you're seeing some queuing in your outbounds today when sending to Y! users, we're currently experiencing low connectivity across our MTAs, which started this morning. We're working to get things back to normal.
          > >
          > > The SMTP error message being generated by the issue should be:
          > >
          > > "420 Resources unavailable temporarily. Please try later <insert Y! MTA hostname>"
          > >

          > > Our apologies for the inconvenience.
          > >

          > > Best regards,
          > >
          > > Carlo
          > > Yahoo! Mail

        • postmaster.team
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 29, 2010
            No recent updates since we're still seeing spates of low connectivity on a daily basis, but today has been better overall. We are not out of the woods yet, however, and we'll continue to monitor the situation diligently.

            As mail traffic is generally lower during the weekend, the next couple of days won't be a true gauge of whether things have stabilized, so I'll post an update on Monday if all looks good.

            Thanks for your patience thus far.

            Best regards,

            Carlo
            Yahoo! Mail