MONSOON TREK AT KUDREMUKH NATIONAL PARK ON 22 & 23 RD JUNE 2013

  • d chandra s
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2013
      KUDREMUKH PEAK TREK VIA GOMUKH ROUTE ON 22/06/2013 AND 23/06/2013

      Dear Friends

      We have arranged 2 days trek at Kudremukh peak via Gomukh route on 22nd and 23rd of june 2013 (saturday and sunday).The Kuduremukh National Park consists of Chikkamaglore,Udupi and D K districts with steep hills and shola forest range alongwith Somavathi water falls and beautiful vistas/landscape. The brief details of the trek program are as follows:

      Date 22/06/2013 and 23/06/2013 saturday and sunday 2 days
      Departure Friday 21st may 2013 evening at 9 pm from majestic
      bus stand Bangalore
      Arrival Monday 24th june 2013 early morning around 5 am
      Nature of trek TOUGH / DIFFICULT
      Mode of travell By non ac Tempo traveler and again we have to
      travell by jeep for another 8 to 10 km.from the
      main road till Mallodi
      Food Simple south Indian vegetarian food
      Cost Rs2500/per person

      The cost includes travel cost (travel by non ac tempo
      traveler,cost of travel by jeep(from the main
      road till Mallodi ),simple south Indian vegetarian food,sharing
      dormitory or sharing room accomodation /forest entry fee/trekking/guide charges,highway toll charges and or any other misc/
      expenses related to the above mentioned programe.
      Participants are requested to bring 2 litres water bottle,torch with extra batteries,extra pair of cloth,personal medicines and toiletry,anti repellent creams like odomus,light bed spread/sleeping bag/umbrella/plastic sheet/rain coat, energy drinks/choklates/toffees,fruits and or any other items required by them individually.As this is full monsoon season and there was continuous raining at the National park and its sarroundings till yesterday and there may be rain again and hence friends who are willing to trek along with the rain ( in case of rain during trekking)are only requested to report for this trek.
      PLEASE NOTE THAT PLENTY OF LEACHES ARE THERE and hence friends who are willing to trek with leaches on the trek route are only requested to participate.
      Participating friends are requested to carry salt/dettol/tobacco/and or any other anti leach creams/gels.further please note that smoking and use of alcohol is not permitted/allowed during the trekking program.participants are requested to wear forest colour dress like light green/dim colour dress and not to wear dress of deep colour like red/yellow,etc..and or any other bright colour. Further,participants are requested to wear good trekking shoes.
      Trek route may be modifide/altered depending upon the rain on trekking day and or guidelines of forest dept or its guides/guards as per the advice of the appropriate permitting authorities. in this regard final decision will rest with the organisers taking into account safety and interest of the participants.further,pick up and drop is from majestic bus stand Bangalore to majestic bus stand Bangalore only.participants have to make their own arrangements to reach their houses on reaching back to Bangalore.please note that amt once paid will not be refunded either part or full or adjusted to other programs if participants fail to report/leave the group during the middle of the program. Amount paid will be refunded only if the entire program is cancelled due to heavy rain at the National Park or due to any other unforeseen circumstances, before the commencement of our journey from Bangalore.
      please note that, as we have to trek total around 22 to 25 km in a single day (too and fro)and as this is not a sight seeing trip, friends who are really interested and willing to trek between 20 and 25 km in a single day are only requested to report for this trek. freshers and first time trekkers, are requested to decide properly before undertaking this tough trek. however,will power and interest on their part,to trek on difficult terrains can provide an
      opportunity to have wonderful experience. Moreover, due to many
      reasons/unforeseen reasons, we may reach our camp site late evening between 7.30pm and 9.30pm. Hence, all the participating friends who will join to this program are requested to carry good and powerful torch with extra batteries,wear good trekking shoes,carry enough salt,rain coat/umbrella or plastic sheet.
      For registration and any clarifications ,interested friends may contact mob 9480453480.

      With Regards
      Organisers
      YHAI MEMBERS CHAARANA GROUP