TREKKING PROGRAMME DURING OCTOBER 2012

  • dcsekhar_yhai
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6 10:35 PM
      Dear friends

      WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY AND PROSEPERROUS DUSSERA FESTIVAL

      We have pleasure in informing you that , we have arranged 3 trekking programmes during october 2012. the details are as follows:

      1 TREK AT BRAHMAGIRI WILDLIFE SANCTUARY ON 13/10/2012

      We have arranged one day trek on 13th sunday at Brahmagiri wildlife Sanctuary.we will leave Bangalore on 12th saturday night @11pm and return back on sunday 13th around 11pm.it will be 9 km trek from Irpu water falls to Brahmagiri peak and return 9 km trek back to Irpu water falls. the nature of trek is moderate and little difficult at some points of the trail.there will be leaches an hence carry salt/tobaco/snuff/dettol along with you. the cost for this one day trek is rs 1300/ per person. the cost includes travel cost(travel by non a/c tempo traveler/tavera/qualis), simple vegetarian food on sunday,trekking,guide and forest entry charges and any other misc charges.picking and dropping is from shantala silk house bldg gate majestic to majestic Bangalore.

      2 TREK AT SILENT VALLEY NATIONAL PARK(KERALA)20/10/2012& 21/10/2012

      We have arranged 2 days trek at Silent Valley National Park (Kerala)on 20/10/2012 and 21/10/2012 (saturday and sunday).we have obtained permission from the Chief Wildlife Warden for our stay at Mukkali at the forest deparment's dormitory within the inspection bungalow for our stay on 20th oct2012As known to every one SVNP is an UNESCO identified national park and trekkking is allowed only 2 km in the core area leading upto Kuntipara river bridge.the other day we will trek in the buffer zone of the SVNP- the trek route will be as permitted by the forest department authorities. one can obtain more information about SVNP in the net. the cost for this 2 days programme is rs3000/ per person . the cost includes travel cost(travel by non a/c tempo traveler/tavera/qualis),simple south indian vegetarian food ( vegetarian food as available at Mukkali),forest entry,trekking,guide charges,forest dept vehicle charges from Mukkali to Sairandri,interstate check post charges,highway toll charges and any other misc charges.we will leave Bangalore on friday 19th october from shantala silk house bldg @8pm and return back on monday morning @ 5am on 21/10/2012. picking and dropping is from majestic Bangalore to Majestic Bangalore only.the nature of trek is moderte.the activities here includes trekking and bird watching.SVNP is in Palghat dist of Kerala

      3 TREK AT CHIMMONY WILDLIFE SANCTUARY(KERALA)27/10/2012 & 28/10/2012

      We have arranged 2 days trek at CHIMMONY WILD LIFE SANCTUARY (KERALA) on 27th and 28th october 2012 (saturday and sunday). we have obtained permission from the CCF for our stay at depart's inspection bungalow and they have reserved 2 rooms only. we have requested local DFO for additional accomodation for maximum of another 8 members. as this is a holidays weekend,we have requested them to permit us to stay whatever type of accomodation is available around the inspection bungalow as a special case.. we will leave Bangalore on 26th friday october 2012 evening around 7.00pm from shantala silk house bldg gate/hotel mahaveer majestic Bangalore. the cost for this 2 days programme is rs3400/per person The cost includes travel cost (mode of travel by non ac tempo traveler/tavera/qualis depend on the number of participants,simple and basic south indian vegetarian food available at that place of our stay,sharing dormitory or room charges,highway toll charges,interstate checkpost/rto charges,forest entry/trekking/guide charges and any other misc expenses related to this programme.
      the nature of trek is moderate. the activities includes trekking and bird watching.
      please note that Chimmony wild life sanctuary lies in Mukundapuram taluk of Trissur dist kerala and set near the Peechi-Vazhani wildlife sanctuary.
      as there will be holiday on friday26/10/2012 as well as on monday29/10/2012, if joining friends to this programme wishes to add Nelliyampathy also, we will arrange it with additional cost towards travell,food,forest entry/trekking /guide charges.

      friends who wish to join to any of the above mentioned tekking programme are requested to bring water bottle,cap,extra pair of cloth,torch with extra batteries, sleeping bag or mat cum light bedspread,toffees/chocklates,personal medicines and toiletry and any
      other things required by them individually. organisers will not provide ice creams/cold drinks/milk shakes,mineral water etc..food as mentioned above will be provided on saturday and sunday. please note that, as this is monsoon season, there will be presence of leeches on the trek route and enc friends who will join to any of the above trekking programme are requested to carry salt/snuff/tobacco/dettol,etc....as a precautionary measure.smoking and use of alcohol is not permitted during the programme period.
      interested friends are requested to pay an advance amt of rs1000/per person by cash and confirmation of seats will be given on receipt of advance amt. please note that amt paid will not be returned if the participant fails to report before journey starts on 17th friday feb 2012.further amt will not be returned in case if the participant leave the group during middle of the programme. the trek route and place of trek may be modifide/altered depend on the advice or instructions/permission of the forest department and in this regard final decision will be taken by the organisers
      taking into account safety and interest of the participants. picking and dropping is from majestic Bangalore to majestic Bangalore only. participants have to make the arrangements/mode of transport to reach their houses on their own after reaching majestic Bangalore. both the above mentiond 2 days programme will be conducted with minimum participation of 10 members and maximum of 12
      members.

      for registration and any clarifications in this regard interested friends may contact mob 9480453480.

      with regards

      ORGANISERS
      YHAI MEMBERS CHAARANA GROUP