Re: Still looking for a 59cm frame

  • necromonger64
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 3, 2012
      There's a blue 56cm frame, with extras, on eBay right now. Going for $400.

    • glzl@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 3, 2012
        Yeah that is a fair deal.

        There's a blue 56cm frame, with extras, on eBay right now. Going for $400.

        --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, "dasgeek" <dasgeek@...> wrote:

        > I would trade the frame even for a red 56 cm in new or near new condition. That would be my best outcome. I love the bike. Or if somebode knows of a 56 cm red frame, let me know.
        >
        > --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, "dasgeek" <dasgeek@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I am in Fort Smith. But you would not have seen it here since I have barely riden it. Back in 1999 I saw it for sale in a bike shop in Fort Smith. The owner had put about 250 miles on it and decided to sell it. I bought it and soon after married, took on two step kids and a new born of my own. I am just now getting back to riding and had it checked out. I have had it out on a few short rides but have to come to terms with the fact that it is too big for me.
        > >
        > > --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, Guillermo Gonzalez <memito22581@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > In Arkansas? Where in Arkansas? I am in Little Rock, and have never seen another Foil in these parts. Mine is sitting in the garage next to a bunch of parts about to get torn down and completely rebuilt with all new fun toys.Â
        > > >
        > > > -Guillermo
        > > >

        > > > ________________________________

      • necromonger64
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 20, 2012
          Still looking for a 59cm frame/fork.

        • glzl@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 20, 2012
            I suggest searching on craigslist and ebay. I also think you need to expect to pay al little more than you're hoping to spend. Good luck...

            > There's a blue 56cm frame, with extras, on eBay right now. Going for $400.
            >

            > --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, "dasgeek" <dasgeek@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I would trade the frame even for a red 56 cm in new or near new condition. That would be my best outcome. I love the bike. Or if somebode knows of a 56 cm red frame, let me know.
            > >
            > > --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, "dasgeek" <dasgeek@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I am in Fort Smith. But you would not have seen it here since I have barely riden it. Back in 1999 I saw it for sale in a bike shop in Fort Smith. The owner had put about 250 miles on it and decided to sell it. I bought it and soon after married, took on two step kids and a new born of my own. I am just now getting back to riding and had it checked out. I have had it out on a few short rides but have to come to terms with the fact that it is too big for me.

          • necromonger64
            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 20, 2012
              I haven't seen a 59cm frame on either eBay or Craigs in months.

              I think $450-$500 is about right for the frame of a 13 year old bike.

            • glzl@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 20, 2012
                I'm sorry but you're not taking into consideration that this frame is no longer made. It's a one of a kind. You likely will have to spend more to get one. Good luck in your search.

                I haven't seen a 59cm frame on either eBay or Craigs in months.

                I think $450-$500 is about right for the frame of a 13 year old bike.

                --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, glzl@... wrote:

                > I suggest searching on craigslist and ebay. I also think you need to expect to pay al little more than you're hoping to spend. Good luck...

              • Anthony Bucher
                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 20, 2012
                  Yup.They are getting rare by the day.Haven't ridden mine in years (physical problems) but I would just hang it on the wall since it is so beautiful.Gotta motivate those that are thinking of parting with them.

                  To: yfoil@yahoogroups.com
                  From: glzl@...
                  Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 00:49:47 +0000
                  Subject: Re: [yfoil] Re: Still looking for a 59cm frame

                  I'm sorry but you're not taking into consideration that this frame is no longer made. It's a one of a kind. You likely will have to spend more to get one. Good luck in your search.

                  I haven't seen a 59cm frame on either eBay or Craigs in months.

                  I think $450-$500 is about right for the frame of a 13 year old bike.

                  --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, glzl@... wrote:

                  > I suggest searching on craigslist and ebay. I also think you need to expect to pay al little more than you're hoping to spend. Good luck...

                • B
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 12, 2012
                    Most of the 59 frames or Foil frames in general sell for $400-500 in fairly rough condition. A quality frame will most likely run in the $700+ range. Yes, these bikes are older BUT they have a cult following that tends to drive the price up. Just my observation....