56cm or 59cm?

  • necromonger64
    Message 1 of 12 , May 2, 2012
      Howdy all,

      I'm looking to join the Y Foil club here in sunny Los Angeles but I can't decide what frame size to look for. Maybe you folks can advise me a bit. I'm a tall guy at 6-1 170lbs. I wear 33-33 pants. Should I focus on finding a 56cm or a 59cm frame? 59ers are alot harder to find than 56ers, but I dislike that fully extended seat post look.

      If there were 58cm Y Foil frames that would be ideal, but there's not.

      Ideas please. Thanks!
    • glzl@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 12 , May 2, 2012
        Sorry there isn't a 58cm. Are you going to be riding it as a road bike or time trial? This topic has various opinions about what size you should be on. I'm a hair taller than 6'. I rode for several years a 62cm y foil,looking back on it I should have been on a 59cm. I rode the y foil as a road bike. I couldn't see myself riding a 56cm.

        Happy Trails,
        Gene

        I'm looking to join the Y Foil club here in sunny Los Angeles but I can't decide what frame size to look for. Maybe you folks can advise me a bit. I'm a tall guy at 6-1 170lbs. I wear 33-33 pants. Should I focus on finding a 56cm or a 59cm frame? 59ers are alot harder to find than 56ers, but I dislike that fully extended seat post look.

        If there were 58cm Y Foil frames that would be ideal, but there's not.

        Ideas please. Thanks!

      • hobie1616
        Message 3 of 12 , May 2, 2012
          59 cm will do the deal.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 12 , May 2, 2012
            No time trials for my 48 year old butt. Strictly road / city commute.

            I guess the larger issue with the 59CM frame is I've seen so few of them for sale on the used market. Either people are keeping them forever or Trek made fewer of them. The facts are unknown at this time. :)

          • glzl@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 12 , May 2, 2012
              I may have access to a 59cm if you're interested? It's just the frame/fork. The fork isn't the original it's a profile design.

              Thanks,
              Gene

              Message 6 of 12 , May 4, 2012
                I have a 56 cm blue 77 Y foil for sale. Please e-mail me if interested. I resisted selling my bike but I have decided it is time to let go.

                Thanks

                Norm

                ---- glzl@... wrote:
                I may have access to a 59cm if you're interested? It's just the frame/fork. The fork isn't the original it's a profile design.

                Thanks,
                Gene

                No time trials for my 48 year old butt. Strictly road / city commute.

                I guess the larger issue with the 59CM frame is I've seen so few of them for sale on the used market. Either people are keeping them forever or Trek made fewer of them. The facts are unknown at this time. :)

                --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, glzl@... wrote:

                > Sorry there isn't a 58cm. Are you going to be riding it as a road bike or time trial? This topic has various opinions about what size you should be on. I'm a hair taller than 6'. I rode for several years a 62cm y foil,looking back on it I should have been on a 59cm. I rode the y foil as a road bike. I couldn't see myself riding a 56cm.
                >
                > Happy Trails,
                > Gene

                Abdenour Nazef
                nldas3@...
                Nour Cell: (352) 278-1249
                Liz Cell : (352) 278-1252
              • necromonger64
                Message 7 of 12 , May 5, 2012
                  Thanks for the offer Norm but I've decided on a 59cm frame.

                  --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, <nldas3@...> wrote:

                  > I have a 56 cm blue 77 Y foil for sale. Please e-mail me if interested. I resisted selling my bike but I have decided it is time to let go.
                  >
                  > Thanks
                  >
                  > Norm
                  >

                  > ---- glzl@... wrote:
                  > I may have access to a 59cm if you're interested? It's just the frame/fork. The fork isn't the original it's a profile design.
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Gene

                • necromonger64
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 7, 2012
                    If you'll take $400 for your 59 I'll bite. :)

                  • glzl@comcast.net
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 7, 2012
                      Sorry it's not mine,it's a friend who owns it and he won't go that low.

                      If you'll take $400 for your 59 I'll bite. :)

                      --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, glzl@... wrote:

                      > I may have access to a 59cm if you're interested? It's just the frame/fork. The fork isn't the original it's a profile design.
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      > Gene

                    • necromonger64
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 7, 2012
                        Will your friend take $450, including shipping to Santa Monica?

                      • glzl@comcast.net
                        Message 11 of 12 , May 7, 2012
                          Sorry he's looking for more than that. I know more than anyone that the value has dropped on the y foil (sadly) but he's not desparate to sell it. Thanks for inquiring.

                          Will your friend take $450, including shipping to Santa Monica?

                          --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, glzl@... wrote:

                          > Sorry it's not mine,it's a friend who owns it and he won't go that low.

                        • necromonger64
                          Message 12 of 12 , May 7, 2012
                            Gotch'a. Thanks for playing middleman. Guess I'll keep scanning Craig's.