Fork Conversion

  • hobie1616@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2012
      To keep the same wheelbase geometry when replacing the threaded fork with a threadless model, a spacer added to the bottom of the head tube is required. This is because the original fork has a thicker crown.

      Serotta made a spacer in the past but hasn't had them in stock for a few years. After nosing around I found a small Ti manufacturer in Portland, OR that makes the spacer. It's $80 and can be found at

      http://ticycles.com/TCF/hardware.html#stem

      Next is what fork to use? Easton appears to be out of 1" models. The only other brand available that I've heard of is Ritchey and their Comp Carbon Road. Amazon carries them for $204.99.

      Does anyone have another fork recommendation?