Foil on a trainer?

  • ogobetse
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2011
      Long time lurker; first time poster!

      I picked up a Foil on the Harrisburg Craiglist (living in Baltimore) two weeks back and i'm in love with the bike.

      I used to beat the heck out of my old Giant Kronos on the trainer and noticed after a few sessions with the Foil that the frame flexing noticeably; especially in those frame rails to the back wheel. I'm going to part better attention this evening, but i've heard a periodic crack/groan from something during each of my sessions as well.

      Does this sound like a warning sign? I haven't found anything online that recommends keeping these bikes off the trainer. Just wanted some feedback because it's a really nice bike and i look forward to keeping it around for years.
    • g4drive
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2011
        It should not be a problem using the Y-Foil on a trainer ... I have done many hours in one myself. The transmission triangle is pretty rigid so unlikely to have stress cracks unless it's been crashed. For noises in that area, check the rear skewer which could be causing noises, especially on a trainer.

        Congratulations on your recent purchase.

        Andy