Chicago Area Y-Foilers Group Ride?

  • LaMont Clements
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2011
      Greetings Fellow Y-Foilers,

      I just joined the group, and am the proud owner of two Y-Foils (see attached pics). I have already accomplished my task of sourcing touch-up paint for my Inkwell Blue bike. I was also wondering if there are any other owners in the Chicago area(I'm myself am on the North Shore)who might be interested in doing Y-Foiler social group ride?

    • solstice.system
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2011
        LaMont -

        Welcome to the group! I'm nowhere near Chicago, otherwise I would enjoy a group ride there (I have two y-foils too - one for me and one for my son...plus a third that was stolen at the NYC Marathon last year *sniff*).

        I too have been looking to source touch-up paint for my Inkwell Blue bike. Where did you find it?

        Best of luck,
        Lyle

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9, 2011
          Hello Lyle,

          Very sorry to hear about your stolen bike. They are a wee bit of a bike thief magnet, however.

          I did a search for Inkwell Blue on the group site, and got a result from another member who recommended, as an alternative, a Nissan touch-up paint called, if I recall correctly, Daytona Blue. It may also be available from Trek either directly or via a Trek dealer. I actually just replaced the carbon fiber DuPont/Specialized tri-spoke wheelset that came with my blue Y when I bought it (they look super cool on it, but the ride is WAY too stiff) with a set of older paired-spoke Ultegra wheels (similar to Rolf Vector Pros). Much, much better--it's super plush now, and I'm riding it as I do my Litespeed Ultimate.

          Enjoy The Ride....