56 cm postal blue Foil for sale

  • stephbabineau
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2011
      Hello group,

      I have a 56cm Postal Blue Foil 77. I bought the frame in 2002. It had never been built, so I'm "kinda" the first owner. The bike is presently built for triathlon or time trial with full 10 speed ultegra, except for the crankset, which is older Dura Ace and the speed shifters, which are also Dura Ace. I put the 54-42 chainrings for the looks (125$). Full carbon Vision handlebars are installed (250$), the fork has been changed for a lighter Easton EC90 (325$) (the original Y -Foil fork will also be shipped with the bike). I have a a Specialized Avatar saddle available if needed (worth 120$). A full carbon aero seatpost is also included (but not pictured) as well as the one installed on the bike.

      Basically, all you need is a set of wheels (with the cassette and tires) and pedals and you're off!

      I've had the bike for over 8 years, and it's been a blast. It's a major head turner (I raced in triathlons and people would ask me during the bike leg where I had bought it, at 25mph!). It's gorgeous with thick carbon wheels.

      The bike has a few minor cosmetic nicks, mostly from transport. It's normal for a 12 year old bike. Overall, it's in very, very good shape. I'm estimating that I probably put around 7000kms on the Foil. The bike has never crashed.

      There was a cracking noise back in about 2006, I sent the bike to Trek in Wisconsin and the bike was checked. Trek told me (my Trek dealer and I) that the bike was in very good condition (both structurally and cosmetically). Finally, the bottom bracket was the problem, not the frame. A few Foils had bottom bracket issues, but this bike is fine. The cracking was later found to be the Mavic quick release.

      Last year, I rode the bike once. I have two other tri bikes (a new Specialized SHIV just came into the shop) and I'm letting the Foil go.

      I'm asking 1400$ for everything, i think it's a fair price. A lot of Foils are going for 800-900$ with the original 9 speed components, the original fork and regular aluminum handlebars.

      I have the bike in Montreal. I prefer to sell in Canada or US. We'll arrange the shipping and the payment method (ie paypal) once the buyer is decided.

      I have just created an album called "Stef's Foil" and pics will be inserted tomorrow night in the album.

      Let me know if you have any questions.

      Stef
    • stephbabineau
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2011
        Hello Foilers,

        I have uploaded photos of the 56cm Foil for sale. One of the pics has the original fork and the other one has the EC90 fork. The aero seat post is not shown as I wasn't quite tall enough to use it. Both seat posts and forks are included.

        Also, just to clarify my original message, two sources of cracking noise were found. None had anything to do with the frame. The first noise, in the bottom bracket (nothing to do with the frame) and the other, the front Mavic quick release. Since then, the bike purred like a kitten (with carbon wheels!).

        Stef