650c wheels and 22" wheels

  • Gino
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2011
      Group,
      I am working on a project and the bike uses 650c size wheels. I am tracking a set of corima wheels and the owner says they're 22" wheels. Is this the same or is it a different size wheel?

      Thanks,
      Gene
    • Ray Landa
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2011
        That doesn't sound right. I looked up continental sprinter tires and they come in 700x22c and 650x22c. There is a 22" wheel for children though. Ask for the complete tire size. ie ??? x ??c Please let us know what you find out. This is an interesting one. Did corima make a childrens racing wheel???

        To: yfoil@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2011
          OOOPS, forgot to mention. 650c is 26"

          To: yfoil@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 5, 2011
            There is a "children's" racing bike, offered by Trek, I believe, with 24"
            wheels, but I've not seen 22" wheels on road bikes.
            There are some recumbent wheels that may be 20" and 22".

            There are Georgena Terry-designed road bikes from the 80's that use a 520
            front wheel, commonly called a 24" but it's not exactly that. Those tires
            are still sold, as are the tubes. The wheels in a performance type are very
            hard to find, and the tires are fairly limited in selection.