Re: [yfoil] Chainrings and Bars part 2...

  • Tspoon2
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 1, 2010
      Hello All,
      This is my first post! Just brought a Y-Foil 77! It is
      gold, in excellent shape, has newer rear geaRing! Included was a
      combinaion heart rate cyclo-computer, gatorback tires(new) rims are
      excellant and still full dura-ace!! Brought for $750.00!! What say you
      all???

      On 1/31/10, glzl@... <glzl@...> wrote:
      > Hey Kevin,
      > I actually have 2 different sets of fsa compact cranks. One of the sets uses
      > a ultegra 6500 bottom bracket which I believe can be used for a standard
      > 53/39 crank. This crank is the fsa energy crank with octalink on the side of
      > it.
      >
      > If you aren't a grinder and spend all your time in the hardest pedaling gear
      > you have, you'll prefer the compact crank. Good luck and sorry you're having
      > to go through all this hassle.

      Sent from my mobile device
    • John Ordway
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 1, 2010
        congrats

        On 1/31/10, glzl@comcast. net <glzl@comcast. net> wrote:
        > Hey Kevin,
        > I actually have 2 different sets of fsa compact cranks. One of the sets uses
        > a ultegra 6500 bottom bracket which I believe can be used for a standard
        > 53/39 crank. This crank is the fsa energy crank with octalink on the side of
        > it.
        >
        > If you aren't a grinder and spend all your time in the hardest pedaling gear
        > you have, you'll prefer the compact crank. Good luck and sorry you're having
        > to go through all this hassle.

        Sent from my mobile device

      • glzl@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 1, 2010
          Real good deal. last year that bike would have sold for $1200 or more it's sad how they've dropped in value over the last year.

          On 1/31/10, glzl@... <glzl@...> wrote:
          > Hey Kevin,
          > I actually have 2 different sets of fsa compact cranks. One of the sets uses
          > a ultegra 6500 bottom bracket which I believe can be used for a standard
          > 53/39 crank. This crank is the fsa energy crank with octalink on the side of
          > it.
          >
          > If you aren't a grinder and spend all your time in the hardest pedaling gear
          > you have, you'll prefer the compact crank. Good luck and sorry you're having
          > to go through all this hassle.

          Sent from my mobile device

        • Anthony Bucher
          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 1, 2010
            I'm sure it is an economy thing that let it drop in price.

            Been wanting a gold one myself. They are a thing of beauty.

            To: yfoil@yahoogroups.com
            From: glzl@...
            Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 16:13:45 +0000

            On 1/31/10, glzl@... <glzl@...> wrote:
            > Hey Kevin,
            > I actually have 2 different sets of fsa compact cranks. One of the sets uses
            > a ultegra 6500 bottom bracket which I believe can be used for a standard
            > 53/39 crank. This crank is the fsa energy crank with octalink on the side of
            > it.
            >
            > If you aren't a grinder and spend all your time in the hardest pedaling gear
            > you have, you'll prefer the compact crank. Good luck and sorry you're having
            > to go through all this hassle.

            Sent from my mobile device

            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 1, 2010
              Anthony,
              I hear you on the economy and all. I will say this I also ride softrides and they haven't dropped in my nearly as much as the y foil. And yeah you're right the gold y foil it's a beauty.

              To: yfoil@yahoogroups.com
              From: glzl@...
              Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 16:13:45 +0000

              On 1/31/10, glzl@... <glzl@...> wrote:
              > Hey Kevin,
              > I actually have 2 different sets of fsa compact cranks. One of the sets uses
              > a ultegra 6500 bottom bracket which I believe can be used for a standard
              > 53/39 crank. This crank is the fsa energy crank with octalink on the side of
              > it.
              >
              > If you aren't a grinder and spend all your time in the hardest pedaling gear
              > you have, you'll prefer the compact crank. Good luck and sorry you're having
              > to go through all this hassle.

              Sent from my mobile device

            • Barbara Thorpe
              Message 6 of 24 , Feb 1, 2010
                Hi Anthony, I have a pristine gold yfoil 77 posted on this website for $1500 that my husband left when he passed away. We paid $3400 for it new, he got to ride it weekly for 2 years before his medical condition prevented it. I figure I'll be keeping it for a while longer but I'm happy to send you pics.
                Barbara

                To: yfoil@yahoogroups.com
                From: glzl@...
                Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 16:13:45 +0000

                On 1/31/10, glzl@... <glzl@...> wrote:
                > Hey Kevin,
                > I actually have 2 different sets of fsa compact cranks. One of the sets uses
                > a ultegra 6500 bottom bracket which I believe can be used for a standard
                > 53/39 crank. This crank is the fsa energy crank with octalink on the side of
                > it.
                >
                > If you aren't a grinder and spend all your time in the hardest pedaling gear
                > you have, you'll prefer the compact crank. Good luck and sorry you're having
                > to go through all this hassle.

                Sent from my mobile device

              • Timothy Thompson
                Message 7 of 24 , Feb 1, 2010
                  Barbara,

                  What size is this bike?

                  Thanks,

                  Tim

                  To: yfoil@yahoogroups. com
                  From: glzl@comcast. net
                  Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 16:13:45 +0000

                  Real good deal. last year that bike would have sold for $1200 or more it's sad how they've dropped in value over the last year.
                  This is my first post! Just brought a Y-Foil 77! It is
                  gold, in excellent shape, has newer rear geaRing! Included was a
                  combinaion heart rate cyclo-computer, gatorback tires(new) rims are
                  excellant and still full dura-ace!! Brought for $750.00!! What say you
                  all???

                  On 1/31/10, glzl@comcast. net <glzl@comcast. net> wrote:
                  > Hey Kevin,
                  > I actually have 2 different sets of fsa compact cranks. One of the sets uses
                  > a ultegra 6500 bottom bracket which I believe can be used for a standard
                  > 53/39 crank. This crank is the fsa energy crank with octalink on the side of
                  > it.
                  >
                  > If you aren't a grinder and spend all your time in the hardest pedaling gear
                  > you have, you'll prefer the compact crank. Good luck and sorry you're having
                  > to go through all this hassle.

                  Sent from my mobile device

                  http://clk.atdmt com/GBL/go/ 201469229/ direct/01/

                • glzl@comcast.net
                  Message 8 of 24 , Feb 1, 2010
                    59cm

                    To: yfoil@yahoogroups. com
                    From: glzl@comcast. net
                    Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 16:13:45 +0000

                    Message 9 of 24 , Feb 1, 2010
                      Thank you, that will help with the inquiries.

                      ________________________________
                      From: Barbara Thorpe <bthorpe@ymail. com>
                      To: yfoil@yahoogroups. com
                      Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 8:47 AM

                      To: yfoil@yahoogroups. com
                      From: glzl@comcast. net
                      Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 16:13:45 +0000

                      Message 10 of 24 , Feb 1, 2010
                        Barbara,

                         If you get questions thrown at you and can't answer them let me know and I'll help you the best I can. Gene

                        From: Barbara Thorpe <bthorpe@ymail. com>
                        To: yfoil@yahoogroups. com
                        Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 8:47 AM

                        To: yfoil@yahoogroups. com
                        From: glzl@comcast. net
                        Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 16:13:45 +0000

                        Message 11 of 24 , Feb 1, 2010
                          John Ordway wrote:

                          > congrats
                          >
                          > --- On Mon, 2/1/10, Tspoon2 <ddaniel@...
                          > <mailto:ddaniel%40neo.rr.com>> wrote:
                          >
                          > From: Tspoon2 <ddaniel@... <mailto:ddaniel%40neo.rr.com>>
                          > Subject: Re: [yfoil] Chainrings and Bars part 2...
                          > To: yfoil@yahoogroups.com <mailto:yfoil%40yahoogroups.com>
                          > Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 4:10 AM
                          >

                          > Hello All,
                          > This is my first post! Just brought a Y-Foil 77! It is
                          > gold, in excellent shape, has newer rear geaRing! Included was a
                          > combinaion heart rate cyclo-computer, gatorback tires(new) rims are
                          > excellant and still full dura-ace!! Brought for $750.00!! What say you
                          > all???
                          >
                          > On 1/31/10, glzl@comcast. net <glzl@comcast. net> wrote:
                          > > Hey Kevin,
                          > > I actually have 2 different sets of fsa compact cranks. One of the
                          > sets uses
                          > > a ultegra 6500 bottom bracket which I believe can be used for a standard
                          > > 53/39 crank. This crank is the fsa energy crank with octalink on the
                          > side of
                          > > it.
                          > >
                          > > If you aren't a grinder and spend all your time in the hardest
                          > pedaling gear
                          > > you have, you'll prefer the compact crank. Good luck and sorry
                          > you're having
                          > > to go through all this hassle.

                          ? On my Y-Foil 77 I just brought are the wheels suppose to make that
                          strange clicking sound when coasting?? Heard about the whistle!!??
                        • Barbara Thorpe
                          Message 12 of 24 , Feb 1, 2010
                            Thank you Gene. I no speak yfoil!

                            ________________________________

                            ____________ _________ _________ __
                            From: Barbara Thorpe <bthorpe@ymail. com>
                            To: yfoil@yahoogroups. com
                            Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 8:47 AM

                            To: yfoil@yahoogroups. com
                            From: glzl@comcast. net
                            Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 16:13:45 +0000

                            Message 13 of 24 , Feb 1, 2010
                              The noise the yfoil rear wheel makes when coast is that normal? My
                              TCR-2 is quet as a mouse when coasting or riding makes NO noise except
                              when I change gears!

                              Message 14 of 24 , Feb 2, 2010
                                I assume that you have the orignal Rolf Vector comp or Pro wheel sets.
                                The freewheel on the Vector Pro is the loudest of any wheel set I have ever owned.
                                So there is nothing "wrong" with the noise the wheel makes when coasting.

                                The noise the yfoil rear wheel makes when coast is that normal? My
                                TCR-2 is quet as a mouse when coasting or riding makes NO noise except
                                when I change gears!

                                On 2/1/10, Barbara Thorpe <bthorpe@ymail. com> wrote:
                                > Thank you Gene. I no speak yfoil!
                                >

                                > ____________ _________ _________ __

                              • Andy Phillips
                                Message 15 of 24 , Feb 2, 2010
                                  Yes, it's totally normal. I used to get people complaining during
                                  group rides so I changed the wheels.

                                • John Ordway
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Feb 2, 2010
                                    Change wheels, drop the complainers, or keep pedaling (don't coast).
                                    The noise of the rear wheel seems to get amplified by the guitar body of the Foil.
                                    I am still running the Vector Pros on mine and I very much like the wheel set.

                                    On Feb 2, 2010, at 9:34 AM, John Ordway <johno281@yahoo. com> wrote:

                                    > I assume that you have the orignal Rolf Vector comp or Pro wheel sets.
                                    > The freewheel on the Vector Pro is the loudest of any wheel set I
                                    > have ever owned.
                                    > So there is nothing "wrong" with the noise the wheel makes when
                                    > coasting.

                                  • Barbara Thorpe
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Feb 2, 2010
                                      You were right, Gene.
                                      "59" was etched in the drop-after my neighbor and I took the wheel off!
                                      Barbara

                                      ________________________________
                                      From: Barbara Thorpe <bthorpe@ymail. com>
                                      To: yfoil@yahoogroups. com
                                      Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 8:47 AM

                                      To: yfoil@yahoogroups. com
                                      From: glzl@comcast. net
                                      Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 16:13:45 +0000

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Feb 2, 2010
                                        Barbara,

                                         I might suggest listing it on ebay in a few months with a reserve price or buy it now price.Gene

                                        From: Barbara Thorpe <bthorpe@ymail. com>
                                        To: yfoil@yahoogroups. com
                                        Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 8:47 AM

                                        To: yfoil@yahoogroups. com
                                        From: glzl@comcast. net
                                        Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 16:13:45 +0000

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Feb 2, 2010
                                          To bad. I'm looking for a 56.

                                          I just bought a Y-66 of eBay that was advertised as a 56, but when it arrived it was clearly a 54cm. I don't know how they got that wrong. It still has the original size sticker on the down tube.

                                          Oh well. Still a very cool bike. I'm hooked.

                                          From: Barbara Thorpe <bthorpe@ymail. com>
                                          To: yfoil@yahoogroups. com
                                          Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 8:47 AM

                                          To: yfoil@yahoogroups. com
                                          From: glzl@comcast. net
                                          Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 16:13:45 +0000

                                          Message 20 of 24 , Feb 2, 2010
                                            Tim,

                                             Look up  faboo3 on our web site he may be looking for a 54cm frame.

                                            From: Barbara Thorpe <bthorpe@ymail. com>
                                            To: yfoil@yahoogroups. com
                                            Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 8:47 AM

                                            To: yfoil@yahoogroups. com
                                            From: glzl@comcast. net
                                            Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 16:13:45 +0000

                                            Message 21 of 24 , Feb 2, 2010
                                              Thanks!

                                              ________________________________

                                              From: Barbara Thorpe <bthorpe@ymail. com>
                                              To: yfoil@yahoogroups. com
                                              Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 8:47 AM

                                              To: yfoil@yahoogroups. com
                                              From: glzl@comcast. net
                                              Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 16:13:45 +0000

                                              Real good deal. last year that bike would have sold for $1200 or more it's sad how they've dropped in value over the last year.
                                              This is my first post! Just brought a Y-Foil 77! It is
                                              gold, in excellent shape, has newer rear geaRing! Included was a
                                              combinaion heart rate cyclo-computer, gatorback tires(new) rims are
                                              excellant and still full dura-ace!! Brought for $750.00!! What say you
                                              all???

                                              On 1/31/10, glzl@comcast. net <glzl@comcast. net> wrote:
                                              > Hey Kevin,
                                              > I actually have 2 different sets of fsa compact cranks. One of the sets uses
                                              > a ultegra 6500 bottom bracket which I believe can be used for a standard
                                              > 53/39 crank. This crank is the fsa energy crank with octalink on the side of
                                              > it.
                                              >
                                              > If you aren't a grinder and spend all your time in the hardest pedaling gear
                                              > you have, you'll prefer the compact crank. Good luck and sorry you're having
                                              > to go through all this hassle.

                                            • NICK B
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Feb 3, 2010
                                                My first post here. The thread layout is kind of messy so hopefully I'm dropping this in the right place.
                                                Just a heads up to Tim looking for a 56cm.
                                                I just ran across a blue one for sale on Craigslist that looks nice listed for $850 obo here:
                                                http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/bik/1579655745.html

                                                Note, this is NOT my listing so I'm not trying to push or advertize a sale. I just ran across it and then this thread today so I thought you may have an interest.
                                                I'm actually looking for a nice 56cm in gold.
                                                I saw one listed for $800.00 a few weeks ago which is about my budget. It looked ok from the small pictures but the guy said he had put over 30,000 miles on it! I was afraid with that kind of mileage there had to be frame degredation or damage of some sort so I did not risk it.
                                                What do you think? Was I right to pass on it?