Y-foil stolen at NYC Marathon yesterday

  • solstice.system
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
      Aaargh!

      After riding support for my friend Bruce and other friends who were running the NYC marathon to raise charity money yesterday, my son and I locked our bikes up just outside the picture window of the restaurant we were eating at.

      I guess we got too engrossed in the great Indian food - I looked around and my beloved Y-foil had disappeared! My son's Cannondale was still there, unlocked but unmolested.

      The cable had been cut. Must have been done very fast. Note to self - when I can afford to buy a bike again, use location-appropriate theft countermeasures.

      If anyone sees this bike on ebay or Craig's list soon, please give me a heads-up:

      Y66 Inkwell blue
      Thompson seat post
      EA50 stem
      original Ultegra components
      Bontrager tires
      Sigma computer with heart rate (I JUST installed that, dammit!)

      I loved that bike.

      Damn.
    • Catfish
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
        I'm on Long Island so if I see anything I'll let ya know.

        Catfish
        www.FarkleMasters.com
        IBA #12835
        AMA Lifer 462122

        solstice.system wrote:
        > Aaargh!
        >
        > After riding support for my friend Bruce and other friends who were running the NYC marathon to raise charity money yesterday, my son and I locked our bikes up just outside the picture window of the restaurant we were eating at.
        >
        > I guess we got too engrossed in the great Indian food - I looked around and my beloved Y-foil had disappeared! My son's Cannondale was still there, unlocked but unmolested.
        >
        > The cable had been cut. Must have been done very fast. Note to self - when I can afford to buy a bike again, use location-appropriate theft countermeasures.
        >
        > If anyone sees this bike on ebay or Craig's list soon, please give me a heads-up:
        >
        > Y66 Inkwell blue
        > Thompson seat post
        > EA50 stem
        > original Ultegra components
        > Bontrager tires
        > Sigma computer with heart rate (I JUST installed that, dammit!)
        >
        > I loved that bike.
        >
        > Damn.

      • Andy Phillips
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2009
          I'll keep my eyes out in NJ.

          On Nov 2, 2009, at 9:57 PM, "solstice.system" <lyle@...
          > wrote:

          > Aaargh!
          >
          > After riding support for my friend Bruce and other friends who were
          > running the NYC marathon to raise charity money yesterday, my son
          > and I locked our bikes up just outside the picture window of the
          > restaurant we were eating at.
          >
          > I guess we got too engrossed in the great Indian food - I looked
          > around and my beloved Y-foil had disappeared! My son's Cannondale
          > was still there, unlocked but unmolested.
          >
          > The cable had been cut. Must have been done very fast. Note to self
          > - when I can afford to buy a bike again, use location-appropriate
          > theft countermeasures.
          >
          > If anyone sees this bike on ebay or Craig's list soon, please give
          > me a heads-up:
          >
          > Y66 Inkwell blue
          > Thompson seat post
          > EA50 stem
          > original Ultegra components
          > Bontrager tires
          > Sigma computer with heart rate (I JUST installed that, dammit!)
          >
          > I loved that bike.
          >
          > Damn.

        • solstice.system
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
            Thank you kindly, Catfish and Andy.
          • Paul
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 9, 2009
              sorry to hear of your loss. I wasn't aware that owners actually leave these beauties locked up on a side walk.
              Good luck and hope you find it!!