Serotta heads-up

  • arshooter223
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
      I read a lot of the old posts concerning switching forks, most of which involve using a Serotta heads-up, which don't seem to be available these days. Anyone know of an alternative? Sorry if this has been done to death, I was having trouble with the search function.
    • faboo3
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
        three alternatives:
        1: asking serotta for the specs on the heads-up spacer so you can have someone machine one out for you.
        2: have one custom made for you.
        3: do without the spacer.

        i've done the second and it does not negatively affect the bike that i can see or feel.

        good luck
        art
        --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, "arshooter223" <arshooter223@...> wrote:

        > I read a lot of the old posts concerning switching forks, most of which involve using a Serotta heads-up, which don't seem to be available these days. Anyone know of an alternative? Sorry if this has been done to death, I was having trouble with the search function.

      • Ray Landa
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
          Alternative:

          1) Have one made at a machine shop. There isn't much to one. Any highschool kid with access with a lathe and a chunk of aluminum can make one. And it's not hard to figure out what the dimensions are. Hmmm, inside diameter of the head, outside diameter of the steer tube, length of the extension to make up for the crown...

          2) Don't use one.

          To: yfoil@yahoogroups.com
          From: arshooter223@...
          Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 21:23:21 +0000
          Subject: [yfoil] Serotta heads-up

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
            oops! i did the third one...my bad

            --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, "faboo3" <faboo3@...> wrote:

            > three alternatives:
            > 1: asking serotta for the specs on the heads-up spacer so you can have someone machine one out for you.
            > 2: have one custom made for you.
            > 3: do without the spacer.
            >
            > i've done the second and it does not negatively affect the bike that i can see or feel.
            >
            > good luck
            > art
            > --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, "arshooter223" <arshooter223@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I read a lot of the old posts concerning switching forks, most of which involve using a Serotta heads-up, which don't seem to be available these days. Anyone know of an alternative? Sorry if this has been done to death, I was having trouble with the search function.

          • cyberbillp
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
              Don't know if this is any help, but my frame came with a Look brand fork and Chris King bearings. Picture is in the photo gallery. So far it seems perfect.