Re: [yfoil] tour of california!

  • glzl@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1, 2009
      Art,
      Did you see that poor "beat to hell" inkwell 54cm frame on ebay? I all most cried when I saw it lol. Later, Gene
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 2, 2009
        yah...a ding on a carbon frame?!?!  and then to say the frames structurally sound...ummmm no, i'll pass.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 2, 2009
          Hey art,
          Quick ? I'm one of those guys who never has a comfortable seat. I try seat after seat with very little luck. I was thinking of the ism adamo saddle any feedback on this saddle?

          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 2, 2009
            i've heard that it takes some getting used to.  there's a a couple online stores that demos seats.  give me a bit and i'll hunt them down for you.

            ________________________________

            ____________ _________ _________ __

            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 2, 2009
              trisports.com
              http://www.trisports.com/tri-before-you-buy-demo-saddle-program.html

              competitivecyclist.com:
              http://www.competitivecyclist.com/road-bikes/demo-saddle

              these are the only two sites i know that allow you to demo saddles
              until you find the one that works for you.

              good luck!
              art

              --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, art m <faboo3@...> wrote:

              > i've heard that it takes some getting used to.  there's a a couple
              online stores that demos seats.  give me a bit and i'll hunt them
              down for you.

              > ________________________________

              Pacific
              > Subject: [yfoil] tour of california!
              >
              > hey all!
              > look for me at the last two stages of the tour of california! i'll
              be
              > the guy standing next to his y-foil sporting a rasta hat with fake
              > dreads on his helmet.
              > haha!
              > oh, btw, that's a cool bike on the home page...i wonder who's it
              is?
              > LoL.

            • cooperlg44
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 2, 2009
                Good Afternoon
                So you think there is structural damage?
                Where do you recommend sending such a frame to get repaired and
                repainted?

                Regards
                Lee C.

                --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, art m <faboo3@...> wrote:

                > yah...a ding on a carbon frame?!?!  and then to say the frames
                structurally sound...ummmm no, i'll pass.

                > ________________________________

              • wakko warner
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 2, 2009
                  Lee
                  i'd never suggest trying to repair any carbon frame that may have any
                  structural damage. you can probably google a dozen people who may
                  claim to be able to fix the damage, but how much trust can you put
                  into bondo or whatever other filler they may use?
                  as for repainting, there are alot of places that can repaint carbon
                  frames. i say research the companies first then go for it. i found
                  a frame builder that also repaints carbon frames that i may use in
                  the future. it's just they're a little pricey, but may be worth it.

                  calfee designs: http://www.calfeedesign.com/

                  good luck
                  art

                  --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, "cooperlg44" <cooperlg44@...> wrote:

                  > Good Afternoon
                  > So you think there is structural damage?
                  > Where do you recommend sending such a frame to get repaired and
                  > repainted?
                  >
                  > Regards
                  > Lee C.
                  >
                  > --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, art m <faboo3@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > yah...a ding on a carbon frame?!?!  and then to say the frames
                  > structurally sound...ummmm no, i'll pass.

                • elementsdesign90
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 2, 2009
                    Contact Calfee Design as stated by Art. They actually have enough
                    experience to tell you whether or not the frame could be repaired.
                    I'm almost certain they could repair and repaint it, but it WILL be
                    VERY expensive!!! -Barry