Re: Where to get a Y-foil front derailleur hanger?

  • uncleton
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
      I bought a Y foil frame set that came in a similar fashion. No seat
      post clamp, no deralieur adapter and screws, no bottom bracket cable
      guide and screws. Your local Trek dealer can get them. When I ordered
      mine a few months ago they had 100 in stock.
      You may want to print the part numbers off documents on this site.

      Winston.

      --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, "yost_kirk" <kyost@...> wrote:

      > Andrew: thanks for the info, although at this price I'd probably opt
      > for the local machine shop. I will check with Trek and post the
      > answer on this board.
      >
      > Kirk
      >
      > --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, ANDREW ASHTON <aashton@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I noticed the other day that B-T-P do a carbon fibre aftermarket
      part

      > > http://www.b-t-p.de/B-T-P_Team/b-t-p_team1.html
      > >
      > > under products then drivetrain/shifting
      > >
      > > they do come at a premium price though - I don't know about
      > availability from Trek I'm afraid.
      > >
      > > Regards - Andrew
      > >
      > > yost_kirk <kyost@> wrote: I recently
      > bought a Y-foil frame which for some reason is missing this
      > > part. Does anyone know if Trek still stocks it? Has anyone else
      had
      > > this problem and had to fabricate one? If so, what was your
      method?
      > > Thanks -

    • Bob Kenner
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2008
        The front deralieur clamp is not unique to y-Foils. Trek used this
        clamp and many bikes built during the 90's. Your TREK dealer should
        have no problem getting one of these for you.

        Bob.

        uncleton wrote:
        > I bought a Y foil frame set that came in a similar fashion. No seat
        > post clamp, no deralieur adapter and screws, no bottom bracket cable
        > guide and screws. Your local Trek dealer can get them. When I ordered
        > mine a few months ago they had 100 in stock.
        > You may want to print the part numbers off documents on this site.
        >
        > Winston.
        >
        > --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, "yost_kirk" <kyost@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Andrew: thanks for the info, although at this price I'd probably opt
        >> for the local machine shop. I will check with Trek and post the
        >> answer on this board.
        >>
        >> Kirk
        >>
        >> --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, ANDREW ASHTON <aashton@> wrote:
        >>
        >>> I noticed the other day that B-T-P do a carbon fibre aftermarket
        >>>
        > part
        >
        >>> http://www.b-t-p.de/B-T-P_Team/b-t-p_team1.html
        >>>
        >>> under products then drivetrain/shifting
        >>>
        >>> they do come at a premium price though - I don't know about
        >>>
        >> availability from Trek I'm afraid.
        >>
        >>> Regards - Andrew
        >>>
        >>> yost_kirk <kyost@> wrote: I recently
        >>>
        >> bought a Y-foil frame which for some reason is missing this
        >>
        >>> part. Does anyone know if Trek still stocks it? Has anyone else
        >>>
        > had
        >
        >>> this problem and had to fabricate one? If so, what was your
        >>>
        > method?
        >
        >>> Thanks -

      • yost_kirk
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2008
          To all:

          A Trek rep told my local bike shop that these parts are not available.
          However, the guy I bought the bike from talked to HIS bike shop, and
          they can get the part. So, he's getting them to send me one - costs $13.

          So, I'm not sure what the real story is with Trek, but thanks for your
          input.

          Kirk