Re: [yfoil] Trek YFoil - 66 or 77

  • swiftsurebob
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2007
      Usually true; Blue is a 66, but not always. I have a Blue Postal 77.

      Don J Sloss wrote:
      > Blue is usually 66, gold is 77.
      >
      > Hatter Chris <hmhhhdirtbag@...> wrote: I've seen them go $400-700.

    • roadbikeonly
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2007
        From what I've heard, the difference is the 77 was built with dura ace, and the 66 was built with ultegra.

        Don J Sloss wrote:
        > Blue is usually 66, gold is 77.
        >
        > Hatter Chris <hmhhhdirtbag@...> wrote: I've seen them go $400-700.

      • R.D. Miller
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2007
          If the bike was built by Trek (1998-99 models) and delivered to your local bike store fully assembled . . . . .

          Red was a Y66 built with Ultegra components and came with Rolf Vector Comp wheels.
          Gold was a Y77 built with Dura Ace components and came with Rolf Vector Pro wheels.
          Dark Blue was a Y66 built with Ultegra components and came with Rolf Vector Comp wheels.
          Light (Postal) Blue was a Y77 built with Dura Ace components and came with Rolf Vector Pro wheels.

          Trek shipped hundreds of Dura Ace'd Y77s in Postal Blue, but the majority of those where shipped unassembled as frame only, so as far as the Y77 Blue Postal frames, chances are it's a hybrid assembled at a neighborhood bike shop. Then again due to the type of bike the Y-frame was, you won't be finding many of them with shappy component sets.

          Hope that helps!

          Ron

          Don J Sloss wrote:
          > Blue is usually 66, gold is 77.
          >
          > Hatter Chris <hmhhhdirtbag@...> wrote: I've seen them go $400-700.

        • Rick Warner
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1, 2007
            No, the generality is not true; it is a poor statement in that it fails 50%
            of the time. The matrix for Y-Foils is:

            1998 Y66 - Inkwell Blue
            1998 Y77 - Gold
            1999 Y66 - Red
            1999 Y77 - USPS Blue

            So half, by model/year, of the Y77's are Blue and half of the Y66's are
            non-blue. Bad generality.

            - rick

            On 4/1/07, swiftsurebob <bkenner@...> wrote:

            > Usually true; Blue is a 66, but not always. I have a Blue Postal 77.
            >
            > Don J Sloss wrote:
            > > Blue is usually 66, gold is 77.
            > >
            > > Hatter Chris <hmhhhdirtbag@... <hmhhhdirtbag%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
            > I've seen them go $400-700.

          • johnorear
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 1, 2007
              As I recall, in 98 the 66 was ice inkwell blue (very dark metallic)
              and the 77 was electric gold (what I ride).

              In 99, the 66 was a flat red, while the 77 was Postal blue.

              Only difference was the color and group - 66 got Ultegra and Vector
              Comp, 77 got Dura Ace and Vector Pro.