Re: [yfoil] Fork Swap

  • Raymond Landa
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
      Arturo, I'm interested in the spacer. How much do you want for it and is
      there a phone number you can be reached at?

      >From: "L. Arturo Baez, M.D." <arturobaez@...>
      >To: yfoil@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [yfoil] Fork Swap
      >Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 13:27:20 -0700 (PDT)
      >
      >I have a Serotta titanium spacer if anybody is interested
      >
      > Arturo
      >
      >hobie1616 <hobie1616@...> wrote:
      > Matt,
      >
      >Anything you can offer would be great!! Pictures,
      >models, failed prototypes, anything you've got from
      >Trek's skunkworks.
      >
      >Here's an engineering question. A number of Y-Foil
      >owners have lightened the bike by swapping out the
      >fork. For a while there was an adapter that would add
      >space between the top of the new fork and the frame so
      >the fork trail angle wouldn't change. The spacer is
      >no longer available. Is it okay to replace the stock
      >fork and have the trail angle change?
      >
      >TIA
      >
      >Mike

    • L. Arturo Baez, M.D.
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
        Hi, Sorry for the late reply I havent been checking the message board, I forgot how much I payed for it I got it directly from Serotta and mount it but my frame is a 49 so my bike looked like a cruiser and had it removed how about $35 including S&H
        in the continental US.

        Arturo