RE: [yfoil] Re: Aesthetic issues Water bottle, seat post etc

  • Nathan Scot Montague
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 2, 2005
      I almost did that event, but had some parenting issues that precluded doing it. We must have passed each other at some point on a local ride if you are from around the DFW area.
      Scot

      Gilberto Marquez <gilbertpr7426@...> wrote:
      I can not agree with Anthony more. I just came from competing at an ultra event in Cleburne, TX and the water bottle behind the seat was very comformtable to handle my hydration during the race. The was a flat section of about 3 miles which I rode with no hands in the aerobars and it was is great to be able to reach the bottles (and much of course) behind the seat. It is true, they are heavy, but I just got used to them.

      Gil

      Anthony Bucher <anthonybucher@...> wrote:

      > > "Didn't want to to use the frame holder - like you said, it ruins
      >the lines of the bike"
      >
      >I disagree about that. There is nothing more aesthetically disturbing
      >than the twin bottle mount behind the seat (plus most are much too
      >heavy)

      I personally like it behind the seat myself. Too hard to fumble on the
      frame.
      But i'm open to a better mousetrap :)

      Speaking of aesthetic issues, I see too many y-foils that have
      >the seatpost extending below the boom. Please cut it flush, it looks
      >so much better and we need to lighten these bikes up as much as we
      >can.

      Thats a damn good idea to cut-n-flush!
      Mine is already flush.

      >I know I'm opinionated about these things so forgive me. Oh by the way
      >if you have any Trek bike, please peel off the frame size sticker that
      >is meant to be removed before you walk out the shop door. One sees so
      >many Treks with that left on!

      Never seen them. Than again it is hard to find the bikes around here :)
      Took a tire change on the rear to find the size of my frame engraved on the
      frame.

      Road bikes Los angeles