Re: Looking for a foil

  • yogib23
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 3, 2005
      Have you found your frame yet? I have a 56cm I might part with.
      Gary

      --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, "Nick" <triathlonguy1975@y...> wrote:

      > I am currntly looking for a used or new Y-foil. I am 5'11" with a
      34" inseam. I
      > think I need a 54 or 56cm. All that I need is the frame as I have
      everything that
      > I need to finish it off but I would be willing to buy a complete
      bike if the price
      > was right.
      >
      > I have never owned a foil but recently I was fortunate enough to
      ride one of
      > my good friends y-foil. I was very impressed by it and now I want
      to own one
      > for myself. Plese let me know if there are any out there or if one
      of you has
      > one that might work.
    • James Neal
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 4, 2005

        Hi Gary,

        No, haven't found one yet :(

        If you are interested in selling one can you send me some pics and an idea of what sort of cash you're looking for.

        Cheers.

        James Neal - Go4.it

        Head of Operations - World Search Services Ltd

        Tel: +44 (0) 845 - 30 66 555
        Fax: +44 (0) 845 - 30 77 555

        CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
        The information in this e-mail is intended solely for the addressee and others authorised to receive it. It is confidential in nature and is  copyright and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure ,copying or distribution of its contents is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this mail in error please e-mail
        info@...

        DISCLAIMER
        Although I believe this e-mail and any attachments are free of any virus or defect which may affect a computer, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free. Go4.it

        >>/I will not accept any liability for any loss or
        damage arising in any way from its use.

        --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, "Nick" wrote:

        > I am currntly looking for a used or
        new Y-foil.  I am 5'11" with a
        34" inseam.  I
        > think I need a 54 or 56cm.  All that I need
        is the frame as I have
        everything that
        > I need to
        finish it off but I would be willing to buy a complete
        bike if the price
        > was right.

        I have never owned a foil but recently I was fortunate enough to
        ride one of
        > my good friends
        y-foil.  I was very impressed by it and now I want
        to own one
        > for myself.  Plese let me know if
        there are any out there or if one
        of you has
        > one
        that might work.

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        This message was sent using Go4.it Webmail. To register your own FREE Go4.it Webmail account, please Click Here!

        Go4.it is the UK's fastest growing Search Engine with an integrated Business Search facility and extensive Travel Portal.
        We also provide UK Broadband at incredibly competitive prices.

        Visit Go4.it now www.Go4.it.

      • gberra@charter.net
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 4, 2005
          James,
          The overseas issue might come into play with shipping. However, I too built a blue/silver/red 77 y-foil (the same frame as on the website this month) with a Dura-ace drive train and Vision Tech tri bars. I use a Thompson reversed seat post for a bit further seat position, and have what I believe are good angles created for triathlon competition. Have only raced the bike a handful of times, so the frame is good as new.

          If you are interested in the whole tri set up, we can discuss, or if only the frame,fork and headset let me know. I actually have another set of bull horns and several quill stems I had used before purchasing the Vision Tech, if you wanted the bull horn option later on. If I sell this one, I will be soon in the market to replace for triathlon competition in the spring, so we would have to move quickly, or let me get one more race under my belt on this set up.

          Let me know,
          Gary
          St. Louis, Missouri USA

          From: "James Neal" <james@...>
          Date: 2005/01/04 Tue AM 11:09:20 GMT
          To: yfoil@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [yfoil] Re: Looking for a foil

          Hi Gary,
          No, haven't found one yet :(
          If
          you are interested in selling one can you send me some pics
          and an idea of what sort of cash you're looking for.

          Cheers.
          James Neal - Go4.it

          Head of Operations - World Search Services
          Ltd
          Tel: +44 (0) 845 - 30 66 555
          Fax: +44
          (0) 845 - 30 77 555

          CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
          The information in
          this e-mail is intended solely for the addressee and others
          authorised to receive it. It is confidential in nature and
          is  copyright and may be legally privileged. If you
          are not the intended recipient, any disclosure ,copying or
          distribution of its contents is prohibited and may be
          unlawful. If you receive this mail in error please e-mail
          info@...

          DISCLAIMER
          Although I believe this e-mail and any
          attachments are free of any virus or defect which may
          affect a computer, it is the responsibility of the
          recipient to ensure that it is virus free. Go4.it
          >>/I will not accept any liability for any loss or
          damage arising in any way from its use.

          ---

          wrote:

          > I am currntly looking for a used or
          new Y-foil.  I am 5'11" with a
          34" inseam.
          > think I need a 54 or 56cm.  All that I need
          is the frame as I have
          everything that
          > I need to
          finish it off but I would be willing to buy a complete
          bike if the price
          > was right.

          I have never owned a foil but recently I was fortunate
          enough to
          ride one of
          > my good friends
          y-foil.  I was very impressed by it and now I want
          to own one
          > for myself.  Plese let me know if
          there are any out there or if one
          of you has
          > one
          that might work.

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          visit your group on the web, go to:

          unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

          Service.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 4, 2005

            Hi Gary,

            Thanks for getting back to me.

            I would be very interested, especially in the blue one, either built up or frame and forks only.

            I'm not overly concerned on shipping costs as I have an idea as to these, the packaging is more of a concern as I wouldn't want it to get damaged.

            What sort of cost did you have in mind?

            All the best.

            From: "James Neal"
            Date: 2005/01/04 Tue AM 11:09:20 GMT