Sell or trade 54 cm Y-foil 77 frame for 56 cm.

  • eriknhil
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 4 12:27 PM
      Hello,

      I have a blue 1999 54 cm Y-Foil 77 and need a 56 cm Y or $450. It's
      in good condition with only a couple of scratches and paint chips.
      Let me know if you'd like some pictures.

      Thanks,
      Erik
    • Ken McIntyre
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4 2:49 PM
        I have a 2000 blue Y-foil.  Threadless fork. 56cm.  Where are you located?
        eriknhil <eriknhil@...> wrote:

        Hello,

        I have a blue 1999 54 cm Y-Foil 77 and need a 56 cm Y or $450. It's
        in good condition with only a couple of scratches and paint chips.
        Let me know if you'd like some pictures.

        Thanks,
        Erik

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • d. Wayne Rupp
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 4 3:02 PM
          I want to convert my 1999 "Y" to a threadless front fork.  Can you tell me how you did it.
          THANX!

          Wayne

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 4 3:24 PM
            I just replaced the threaded headset for a non threaded, I used a
            Chris King but I wish I have bought a lighter one. then use the 1
            inch fork of your liking, people that have done it before recommend
            to use a Serotta Heads up spacer to keep the frame geometry I bought
            it and installed it and noticed that that my top tube was higher
            than normal so I removed it, my measurments showed less than a half
            an inch change in the geometry of the frame, hardly noticiable,
            maybe because my frame is 48cm. Good luck.

            Arturo
            --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, "d. Wayne Rupp" <wrupp@r...> wrote:
            > I want to convert my 1999 "Y" to a threadless front fork. Can you
            tell me
            > how you did it.
            > THANX!
            >
            > Wayne

            of Service.
          • Ken McIntyre
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 4 4:08 PM
              Mine came that way.  I think the last one's off the line were threadless.

              "L. arturo Baez" <arturobaez@...> wrote:

              I just replaced the threaded headset for a non threaded, I used a
              Chris King but I wish I have bought a lighter one. then use the 1
              inch fork of your liking, people that have done it before recommend
              to use a Serotta Heads up spacer to keep the frame geometry I bought
              it and installed it and noticed that that my top tube was higher
              than normal so I removed it, my measurments showed less than a half
              an inch change in the geometry of the frame, hardly noticiable,
              maybe because my frame is 48cm. Good luck.

              Arturo
              --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, "d. Wayne Rupp" <wrupp@r...> wrote:
              > I want to convert my 1999 "Y" to a threadless front fork.  Can you
              tell me
              > how you did it.
              > THANX!
              >
              > Wayne

              of Service.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              click here

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • eriknhil
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 4 8:35 PM
                I'm in the Seattle area but the frame was from Austin, Texas. I bought it this summer on
                eBay where it was claimed to be a 56 cm. I was a bit disappointed. I held on to it thinking
                that I would just build it up but in the end decided that one of the main reasons for
                getting a new bike was for the larger size.

                Erik.

                --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, Ken McIntyre <jasfog2000@y...> wrote:
                > I have a 2000 blue Y-foil. Threadless fork. 56cm. Where are you located?
                > eriknhil <eriknhil@y...> wrote:
                > Hello,
                >
                > I have a blue 1999 54 cm Y-Foil 77 and need a 56 cm Y or $450. It's
                > in good condition with only a couple of scratches and paint chips.
                > Let me know if you'd like some pictures.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Erik
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              • Ken McIntyre
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 4 9:05 PM
                  I bought a 56 because that was all I could find at the time.  Mine is built up with Ultegra and Vector Comps.....