I am back!

  • Matt Schiller
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 21, 2004
      Hey everybody! Just wanted to let you all know I am back on a
      computer. Survived Basic Training without much problem, just had to
      ignore the mind games. In Mississippi now for my schooling, here
      untill atleast December. If anyone is in the area and mtn bikes, let
      me know, considering having a bike sent out here from home, wondering
      what the trails are like.

      Hope all was well when I was away, I noticed the owner must have come
      back?
      Matt
    • Richard Wharton
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 21, 2004
        Matt,
        Nope, and Yahoo's got NO NUMBERS where we can transfer things around. I'll
        keep trying...

        Congrats on Basic Training! Look good in a buzz cut? I used to live in
        Jackson, and there are some good trails there nowadays, I hear. Enjoy!

        Sincerely,

        Richard P. Wharton
        USA Cycling Elite Coach
        www.onlinebikecoach.com

      • Craig Newlander
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 21, 2004

          Hi Folks,

          My apologies for the off topic post but I recently purchased a Trek Diesel downhill frame and would like to build it up.   Can anyone recommend a forum for Trek Diesel framesets?  I’m looking for something like this forum but for diesel framesets/downhilling.

          Thanks,

          Craig

        • Matt Schiller
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 21, 2004
            Richard, something must have happened, my Moderator status was taken
            away. Means he must have come back for atleast a few minutes to do
            that...
            I have had buzz cut for the past 6 years pratically
            Matt

            --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Wharton" <rwharton@o...> wrote:
            > Matt,
            > Nope, and Yahoo's got NO NUMBERS where we can transfer things
            around. I'll
            > keep trying...
            >
            > Congrats on Basic Training! Look good in a buzz cut? I used to
            live in
            > Jackson, and there are some good trails there nowadays, I hear.
            Enjoy!

            > Sincerely,
            >
            > Richard P. Wharton
            > USA Cycling Elite Coach
            > www.onlinebikecoach.com

          • Matt Schiller
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 21, 2004
              Craig: No other Trek forums I know about. Nice bike though. Just
              looking for a forum? Or need some specific help with it?

              Matt

              --- In yfoil@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Newlander" <cnewlander@h...>
              wrote:
              > Hi Folks,
              >
              > My apologies for the off topic post but I recently purchased a Trek
              > Diesel downhill frame and would like to build it up. Can anyone
              > recommend a forum for Trek Diesel framesets? I'm looking for
              something
              > like this forum but for diesel framesets/downhilling.
              >

              > Thanks,
              >
              > Craig
            • Craig Newlander
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 22, 2004

                I’m looking for advice on what parts to build it up.   Fork, wheels,  disc brakes, shifters,  drivetrain, etc…

                wrote:
                > Hi Folks,

                > My apologies for the off topic post but I recently purchased a Trek
                > Diesel downhill frame and would like to build it up.   Can anyone
                > recommend a forum for Trek Diesel framesets?  I'm looking for
                something
                > like this forum but for diesel framesets/downhilling.

                > Thanks,

                > Craig

              • Matt Schiller
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 22, 2004
                  Craig: What kind of riding do you plan on doing with it? Strictly
                  DownHill, or more FreeRide oriented? That will play a big part on
                  what parts ot get. That along with how much $ you want to throw at
                  it.

                  Check out www.pinkbike.com and www.mtbr.com both are good Mtn bike
                  sites with forums. I dont know that most will accept you for having
                  a non trendy frame though, so expect a few "get a new frame" kind of
                  flames/comments.

                  If you want I can help best I can with suggestions..