Gold Y-Foil on Foothill in Palo Alto?

  • rick_cycle_tourist
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2 5:18 PM
      Yesterday (Sun., 6/1/03) I was northbound on Foothill in Palo
      Alto between Arastradero and Hillview. On the opposite side of the
      road were two guys, both heading slowly northbound looking along
      the edge as if they had lost something. This was a about 1PM
      or so. As I approached I noticed one of the bikes was a gold Y-77
      with either seatpost or seat rail mounted water bottle holder.
      I tried to wave and signal, but the rider was too distracted
      with the apparent search. Was this anyone in this group?

      - rick "on the blue Y-66" warner
    • Mike Euritt
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2 6:35 PM
        Don't know about that, but at yesterdays AMBBR around Lake Tahoe, I saw a Gold Y
        on the circuit.

        MikeE
      • David Pyle
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2 8:05 PM
          I also did AMBBR on my blue Y-66. I thought I was the only foil in the ride,
          wished I would have seen the other.

          Dave

          > From: Mike Euritt <mike.euritt@...>
          > Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 18:35:25 -0700
          > To: yfoil@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: Re: [yfoil] Gold Y-Foil on Foothill in Palo Alto?
          >
          > Don't know about that, but at yesterdays AMBBR around Lake Tahoe, I saw a Gold
          > on the circuit.
          >
          > MikeE
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
        • Mike Euritt
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2 9:22 PM
            On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 23:05:11 -0400, you wrote:

            ><tt>
            >I also did AMBBR on my blue Y-66. I thought I was the only foil in the ride,<BR>
            >wished I would have seen the other.<BR>
            ><BR>

            I was on my recumbent tandem...... The Y stayed home this year

            MikeE
          • Doug Isaacson
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 3 9:36 AM
              yeah... that was me. we were going fast southbound... a bee stuck in between my sunglasses and my temple changed that quickly. we were searching for my sunglasses that i spastically ejected off the side off the road. we rode from san jose up old la honda, down woodside, up and down kings mountain and back to SJ.  i saw a blue Y a few hours later heading south on foothill near 280 (we stopped in los altos for lunch)... was that you headed back home?

              rick_cycle_tourist <rickwarner@...> wrote:

              Yesterday (Sun., 6/1/03) I was northbound on Foothill in Palo
              Alto between Arastradero and Hillview.  On the opposite side of the
              road were two guys, both heading slowly northbound looking along
              the edge as if they had lost something.   This was a about 1PM
              or so.  As I approached I noticed one of the bikes was a gold Y-77
              with either seatpost or seat rail mounted water bottle holder.
              I tried to wave and signal, but the rider was too distracted
              with the apparent search.  Was this anyone in this group?

              - rick "on the blue Y-66" warner

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • Rick Warner
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 3 9:52 AM
                Not I; I cut off on Edith and down through Los Altos to home in
                Mtn View - after doing my own Old La Honda loop. Have to keep
                my eyes open next time - though it would have required either a trip over the median or a U at Hillview to get back to say hi.
                I knew you were looking for something, just did not know what.
                Also thought you might be just finishing the Sequoia since they
                were out in force.

                Warm afternoon; I slugged down 5 bottles of fluid on that ride;
                needed to refill at the old Woodside General Store, since I had
                emptied all 3 bottles by that point.

                - rick

                Original message attached.
              • Doug Isaacson