WG - Yeovil Town close in on player deals

  • Mike O'Reilly
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2012
      http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/Yeovil-Town-close-player-deals/story-16451684-detail/story.html

      Yeovil Town close in on player deals
      Tuesday, June 26, 2012

      Yeovil Town are currently finalising details on deals to bring new faces
      to the club ahead of the start of pre-season next week.

      Glovers' boss Gary Johnson said he is on the brink swooping for "four or
      five" players before the end of the week but chose to keep his cards
      close to his chest while the ink dries.

      He said: "We have had to work very hard to get what we feel is the right
      type of player in as early as we have and I really did want to start
      pre-season with 90-5 per cent of the squad.

      "I think I have done that and have got a couple of bits to do. It is not
      something where I think we are going to lose these players, it is just a
      bit more in the detail.

      "That is why I cannot say who it is to anyone because it is sometimes
      these loose ends that prove dangerous. I do not think I need to panic on
      it, it is just something that is not ready to be announced just yet."

      The Huish Park outfit have already brokered deals to bring attackers
      Keanu Marsh-Brown, Sam Foley and Reuben Reid to the club. Richard Hinds
      will sign a one-year contract, while Luke Ayling, Gavin Williams and Ed
      Upson all agreed extensions at the end of last season.