WG - Yeovil Town may sign duo after start of season

  • Mike O'Reilly
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2011
      http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/Yeovil-Town-sign-duo-start-season/story-13049298-detail/story.html

      Yeovil Town may sign duo after start of season
      Monday, August 01, 2011

      Yeovil Town manager Terry Skiverton is keen to add two more players to
      his squad but admits they may not arrive before Saturday’s season opener.

      The Glovers concluded their pre-season fixture schedule with a 2-2 draw
      against Southampton and start their 2011-12 npower League One campaign
      at Brentford.

      Skiverton said he was pursuing two unknown targets, adding he was
      maintaining his patient approach with trialist striker Rory Fallon.

      He said: “I am still looking to add and I am still looking to bring in
      another two. I have identified who I would like to bring in and we will
      see if we can do that.

      “It might be a week, it might be two weeks but we have to see how the
      land lies with their host clubs and what they want to do.”

      On Fallon, Skiverton said: “We are sitting down and talking at the
      moment. He is a great player but he was at a Championship club on loan
      last season and that shows you the calibre of player he is.

      “But we are sitting down and talking to him, he is doing a bit of work
      and he is a few weeks off of 90 minutes at the moment. We are just
      seeing and he is just seeing where we go in the next few years.”

      However, one forward no longer at Huish Park is Diarra Tiemoke, while
      Bas Savage was an unused substitute against the Saints.

      Skiverton said: “Diarra is three or four weeks away from full match
      fitness and I could not afford to do that with people like Rory at the
      club and Bas Savage, who has been looking a lot fitter than Rory.

      “He is definitely going to be a good player but he is one that I could
      not afford to take a chance with at the moment.”

      Yeovil hope to complete the signing of defender Kerrea Gilbert this
      week. The former Arsenal man is still under contract with MLS club
      Portland Timbers.