TIS - Wotton adds experience to Yeovil squad

  • Mike O'Reilly
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2011
      http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/yeoviltown/yeoviltownnews/Wotton-adds-experience-Yeovil-squad/article-3055646-detail/article.html

      Wotton adds experience to Yeovil squad
      Saturday, January 01, 2011, 09:00

      Former Plymouth Argyle captain Paul Wotton could be all set to play at
      Home Park today – for npower League One rivals Yeovil Town.

      The 33-year-old defensive midfielder, who spent 13 years with the
      Pilgrims, joined the Glovers on a month's loan from Southampton
      yesterday, after a loan spell with League Two side Oxford United came to
      an end this week.

      Yeovil also borrowed 18-year-old Germany-born midfielder Max Ehmer from
      Queens Park Rangers yesterday. If the Football League gives its approval
      to the two temporary moves – the transfer window opened at midnight last
      night – the pair will be added to Town's squad for this afternoon's
      League One fixture at Plymouth. Goalkeeper Richard Martin has returned
      to Huish Park on a short-term contract to sit on the substitutes' bench.

      Wotton made his debut for Argyle in 1996, and went on to make 438
      first-team appearances for the Pilgrims. "I believe I'll be allowed to
      play tomorrow, and I'm fit," the 33-year-old said yesterday. "I didn't
      know who Yeovil were playing when I first heard they were interested in
      me. It was a nice surprise.

      "It's exciting, and it's great to be going back there. It has changed a
      lot since I was there, and for the worse, but it's still going to be
      special. If I said it was going to be any other game, I'd be lying.

      "Yeovil are propping up the league, and there's only one place to go
      from there and that's upwards," he added.