TIS - Yeovil Town boss Skiverton aims to change his luck in the cup

  • Mike O'Reilly
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2010
      http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/yeoviltownnews/Yeovil-Town-boss-Skiverton-aims-change-luck-cup/article-2581631-detail/article.html

      Yeovil Town boss Skiverton aims to change his luck in the cup
      Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 07:09

      Yeovil Town manager Terry Skiverton will pick his strongest team to face
      Exeter City tonight as he aims to reverse his luck in cup competitions.

      The Grecians travel to Huish Park in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy First
      Round, with Skiverton still looking to progress past the first round as
      boss in any of the cups.

      Last season AFC Bournemouth progressed to the second round of the Trophy
      at Yeovil’s expense, before the Glovers bowed out of the FA Cup at the
      hands of then non-League Oxford United.

      And with his team already out of the Carling Cup, Skiverton said: “I
      will be picking my strongest team, I will not be resting anyone and I
      cannot afford to rest anyone. It is an important game for us.

      “I know that my luck in the cup is not that good and we will be looking
      at this game for our luck to change.”

      The two teams are expected to mark the death of Exeter and former Yeovil
      striker Adam Stansfield, who lost his battle with cancer on Tuesday,
      August 10.

      Skiverton attended his former team-mate’s funeral in the city last week
      and said his team will have to deal with an emotional encounter tonight.

      He said: “I would preferred to have waited until the league game to
      meet, but it has come up and we have got to deal with it.

      “I was at the Cathedral and I must say that Exeter City and everyone
      connected with Adam and his family showed real class with the way that
      they have dealt with the situation.”

      The Glovers ended a run of three straight defeats on Saturday with a
      goal-less draw at Oldham Athletic. Midfielder Jean Paul Kalala,
      available after suspension, was one of four changes Skiverton made to
      the team that lost 2-0 to Hartlepool United.

      The Frenchman has hit headlines with his disciplinary record, but
      escaped a booking during his return to former home Boundary Park.

      Skiverton said: “A special mention must go to Jean Paul Kalala as that
      is what he is capable of doing – playing 90 minutes without getting
      booked, destroying and winning possession for us. I think he did that
      very well today.”

      Yeovil Town from: Sullivan, Alcock, Stam, Jones, Huntington, Smith, A.
      Williams, Ayling, S. Williams, Bowditch, Welsh, Hutchins, Kiernan,
      Stewart, Upson, Calver, Freeman, Virgo, Tudur Jones, Kalala, Roberts,
      Gibson, Matthews, Baggridge.