RE: Is there anybody out there ?

  • Hugh Gleave
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 28, 1999
      > Hah, kids today no stamina, eh Hugh? Hugh? HUGH!! Oh, bugger it,
      > I'm off as
      > well then...
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Jon

      Huh? Still here you seven stone weakling. In fact just working on kicking
      some sand in the faces of my favourite sort of people..........

      HHH
    • Hugh Gleave
      Message 2 of 27 , Sep 28, 1999
        > > Hah, kids today no stamina, eh Hugh? Hugh? HUGH!! Oh, bugger it,
        > > I'm off as
        > > well then...
        > >
        > > Cheers,
        > > Jon
        >
        > Huh? Still here you seven stone weakling. In fact just working on kicking
        > some sand in the faces of my favourite sort of people..........
        >
        > HHH
        2) why wont lippy go full time.
        Haven't seen the full text of the Express story just a synopsis but IMO from
        this and things that have happened before CL could well feel that there are
        certain individuals or a clique within the club that don't support him
        whole-heartedly (or at all?). But rather than openly challenging him its a
        sniping/grumbling campaign. If that is the case (and its all speculation on
        my part) then what worries me is that the big guns JF, Sir Screwfix etc.,
        could a) crush it b)push through the full-time aspect if they wanted to.
        They don't appear to have done so. So do they, or one of them at least, have
        doubts?
        3)does he have the boards backing.
        See above. My suspicion is that there is some lack of support in certain
        quarters - or that CL feels there is. If it doesn't include one or more of
        the leading lights why hasn't it been stamped on. Festering away it can do
        nothing but harm. CL (if reported correctly) has dropped heavy hints that he
        is not happy about the attitudes of some individuals on several occasions
        now. They don't seem to have produced any reaction - though of course
        endorsements of support from Chairmen are notoriously worrying for the
        recipient!
        4)will he be here at season end.
        Well, if we win the League...... :-). Again just a feeling but he strikes me
        as a loyal and honest man who plays things low-key and tries to avoid
        conflict and rows. For him to make the comments he has is equivalent to the
        letting off of a thermo-nuclear weapon in the case of a previous manager -
        i.e. he's not happy. If results aren't good enough to stop the sniping and
        criticism (and the impression I've got is that that doesn't mean they have
        to be poor for that to continue) I do think he might well chuck it in before
        the end of the season.

        HHH