RE: FA Cup

  • Hugh Gleave
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 2, 1999
      > > YT will play Whitney Town (who beat Hinckley 2-1)
      >
      > Whitney Town ? Isn't there another club in that place
      > called Whitney Houston ? ;-)
      >
      > Me thinks HHH has had one to many h's tonight! :-)

      Whitney, Shitney, Witney..........who cares? :-) Its some Godawful little
      dump near Oxford ain't it?

      HHH
    • David McConnochie
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 2, 1999
        --- Hugh Gleave <hugh@...> wrote:
        > From: "Hugh Gleave" <hugh@...>
        >

        > > > YT will play Whitney Town (who beat Hinckley
        > 2-1)
        > >
        > > Whitney Town ? Isn't there another club in that
        > place
        > > called Whitney Houston ? ;-)
        > >
        > > Me thinks HHH has had one to many h's tonight! :-)
        >
        > Whitney, Shitney, Witney..........who cares? :-) Its
        > some Godawful little
        > dump near Oxford ain't it?

        IIRC is it not the place of residence of one Steve
        Stott?

        How did I remember that......

        .........anorak's at the ready :-)

        DAVE

        =====

      • Hugh Gleave
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 2, 1999
          > > Whitney, Shitney, Witney..........who cares? :-) Its
          > > some Godawful little
          > > dump near Oxford ain't it?
          >
          > IIRC is it not the place of residence of one Steve
          > Stott?
          >
          > How did I remember that......

          Oops :-). Bl**dy typos!! I meant to write: "Its some Godawfully nice little
          place near Oxford ain't it?" of course. :-))

          HHH
        • Jon Morgan
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 2, 1999
            > From: =?iso-8859-1?q?David=20McConnochie?= <portmandave@...>
            > > Whitney, Shitney, Witney..........who cares? :-) Its
            > > some Godawful little
            > > dump near Oxford ain't it?
            >
            > IIRC is it not the place of residence of one Steve
            > Stott?
            >
            > How did I remember that......

            Dave, sometimes mate, I get seriously worried about what it is you do with
            yourself all day....

            I mean I thought I had a head stuffed full of trivia, but I take my hat off
            to you, you are the undisputed trivia king.

            > .........anorak's at the ready :-)

            A whole cupboard-full I should think ;-)

            Cheers,
            Jon
          • Colin Turner
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 3, 1999

              > > Whitney, Shitney, Witney..........who cares? :-) Its
              > > some Godawful little
              > > dump near Oxford ain't it?
              >
              > IIRC is it not the place of residence of one Steve
              > Stott?

              I used to live there as well, 1986-1991, and yes you're right, a dump!!

              CT
            • Rob Pitman
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 25, 2001
                Who has got the TV rights to the FA cup this year?
                Did ITV get them as well as the premiership or are they still on the BBC?

                Rob
              • huish.hugh
                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 25, 2001
                  > Who has got the TV rights to the FA cup this year?
                  > Did ITV get them as well as the premiership or are they still on the BBC?

                  BBC AFAIK - probably in some package deal with Sky, like Sky and ITV have for the
                  Premiership.

                  BTW the draw for Round 1 will be live on BBC 1 during Final Score on Saturday.

                  Regards, HHH.
                • Chris Angulo
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 19, 2001
                    Dagenham 2-0 up against Exeter after 30 mins, Stein off after 4 mins,
                    injured presumably.

                    With the winner home to Ipswich, could this be the first year a Conference
                    team knock out Premiership opposition?

                    Let's hope they don't take one eye off the league if they progress in the
                    Cup...
                  • huish.hugh
                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 19, 2001
                      > Dagenham 2-0 up against Exeter after 30 mins, Stein off after 4 mins,
                      > injured presumably.

                      The commentators said it was a ham-string, and that's what it looked
                      like to me too.
                      They should be about 5-0 up. Exeter are total sh*te, and the Daggers are
                      simply murdering them wide.

                      Regards, HHH.
                    • huish.hugh
                      Message 10 of 17 , Dec 19, 2001
                        > Is it on Sky?

                        Yep - Sky Sports 1.

                        Regards, HHH.
                      • Chris Angulo
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 19, 2001
                          Is it on Sky?

                          > Dagenham 2-0 up against Exeter after 30 mins, Stein off after 4 mins,
                          > injured presumably.

                          The commentators said it was a ham-string, and that's what it looked
                          like to me too.
                          They should be about 5-0 up. Exeter are total sh*te, and the Daggers are
                          simply murdering them wide.

                          Regards, HHH.

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        • jon.hartley@uk.zurich.com
                          Message 12 of 17 , Oct 11, 2002
                            Do we know who we've got for the first FA Cup game yet?? I realise that it
                            is in a few weeks time and I didn't know if I'd been asleep when it was
                            announced. If I missed it, I think I'll have to give up my membership to
                            the "wide awake club".

                            Cheers,

                            Jon

                            The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
                            legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
                            read, copy or otherwise use it and do not disclose it to anyone else.
                            Please notify the sender of the delivery error and then delete the
                            message from your system.

                            Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author only.

                            Communications will be monitored regularly to improve our service and for
                            security and regulatory purposes.

                            Thank you for your assistance.

                          • Badger
                            Message 13 of 17 , Oct 11, 2002
                              >Do we know who we've got for the first FA Cup game yet??

                              Nope but you'll know on Monday morning. 3rd Qual ties are played this
                              weekend.

                              Badger.
                              martin.baker@...
                              --------
                              Ciderspace : http://www.ciderspace.co.uk
                            • jon.hartley@uk.zurich.com
                              Message 14 of 17 , Oct 11, 2002
                                Cheers Badger,

                                Thats good!! I thought I was going a little more mad than usual. Thank for
                                putting my mind at rest.

                                The membership to the "wide awake club" is in tact. Timmy Mallet will be
                                proud.

                                Cheers,

                                Jon

                                The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
                                legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
                                read, copy or otherwise use it and do not disclose it to anyone else.
                                Please notify the sender of the delivery error and then delete the
                                message from your system.

                                Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author only.

                                Communications will be monitored regularly to improve our service and for
                                security and regulatory purposes.

                                Thank you for your assistance.

                              • David Stevenson
                                Message 15 of 17 , Oct 11, 2002
                                  Draw is Monday morning, Jon. 10:30 I think.