Wish we could be there. We had so much fun last year! But we will be in LA. Toni and Len On Nov 22, 2015, at 7:07 PM, abi.katz@...antonia_dosik
Thanks! I'd love to come but won't be in the area. Have a wonderful time, and Happy Hanukkah! On Nov 22, 2015 8:07 AM, "abi.katz@...diamondcelia
You are Invited to the Yellow Springs Havurah 2nd Annual Hanukkah Party and Latke Contest Two categories: Traditional and Wild Card Prizes for Best inabi.katz
The purpose of the Yellows Springs Havurah is to:
• Provide a place of worship for its members and to conduct the worship according to the customs and practices of Judaism
• Provide for religious instruction
• Conduct religious, cultural and social functions
• Promote the aims of Judaism and the interests of the Havurah receive, hold, invest and disburse gifts, bequests and funds arising from all sources
The Y.S. Havurah conducts Shabbat morning services the first and third Saturday morning of every month. These services are lay-led, using a prayer book created by the members. This takes place at Rockford Chapel, President Street, Yellow Springs Ohio, The Friends Meeting House on the campus of Antioch College. Services start at 10 a.m., run about two hours, and are followed by a vegetarian potluck lunch. Services are open to members and non-members.
Holiday Services and Events
Every year, services are held or facilitated for Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, Purim, and Simchat Torah, as well as an annual Chanukah Party. Due to the shifting Jewish Calendar, these services are not always held at the Rockford Chapel. Be sure to consult the events calendar to see when and where services or events will be held.
Once again, all services are open to members and non-members. Annual membership dues to the Havurah are $36 a year and help cover the costs of running the services and a small amount of administrative expenses. Our Annual Meeting is held each year on the second Sunday in October.
- Feb 3, 2006
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.